Thread: National Parks Pass

National Parks Pass

I am contemplating on buying a Nationa Parks Pass. Does anyone know if that gets you into Lake Powell marinas? Also, would it be worth it to buy the 15 dollar Golden Eagle that gets you into BLM run places and what places in Utah are run by the BLM?

Thanks,
    Reed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: National Parks Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I am contemplating on buying a Nationa Parks Pass. Does anyone know if that gets you into Lake Powell marinas? Also, would it be worth it to buy the 15 dollar Golden Eagle that gets you into BLM run places and what places in Utah are run by the BLM?

Thanks,
    Reed
    National Parks Pass is only good for admittance into a national park, that is it. No entrance into marinas, or anything else. I always ask anyways, but I am denied. The golden eagle pass just doubles as an adventure pass for parking in a National Park, and will get you into places managed by US Fish & Wildlife, US Forest Service, and Bureau of Land Management.

https://buy.nationalparks.org/golden.asp
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    National Parks Pass is only good for admittance into a national park, that is it. No entrance into marinas, or anything else.
    Yeah, just like Pineview Resevoir up here. It's a State Park, and even with a State park pass, you still have to buy some flippin' marina fee.

I just bought my Nat'l Park pass, and of the $50 that it cost me, I've already validated $40.

I just buy the NP pass and pay the other fees.... YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I just buy the NP pass and pay the other fees.... YMMV.

X2

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    National Parks Pass is only good for admittance into a national park, that is it. No entrance into marinas, or anything else.
    Yeah, just like Pineview Resevoir up here. It's a State Park, and even with a State park pass, you still have to buy some flippin' marina fee.
    I don't believe there are marina fees at Powell, if there are they are new this year. If you roll into Powell after Boll Booth Willy goes home you don't have to pay the fee. We get in all the time at night and I've never been fined or ticketed for not having a pass in my windshield.

what places in Utah are run by the BLM?
    Do you just want to know where BLM places are in Utah?

http://www.ut.blm.gov/wh3recreation.html

I just bought my Nat'l Park pass, and of the $50 that it cost me, I've already validated $40.
    Did you end up going to Bryce Canyon, as well as Zion NP?
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    I don't believe there are marina fees at Powell, if there are they are new this year. If you roll into Powell after Boll Booth Willy goes home you don't have to pay the fee. We get in all the time at night and I've never been fined or ticketed for not having a pass in my windshield.
    Oh contraire, it's $10 to get in and $10 to launch each watercraft ($20 for a calendar year pass). I have gotten into Powell with a National Parks Pass before (only had to pay the $10 to launch), but with the ever fluctuating caprice of bureaucracy YMMV.

Edit: Here is the latest fee schedule for Glen Canyon NRA. It looks like fees have gone up since I was there last.

http://www.nps.gov/glca/pphtml/fees.html

If you own a National Parks Pass, the cost to upgrade to a Golden Eagle Pass is $15. The entry fee to Lake Powell is $15. Try your National Parks Pass at the entrance. If it won't work, just upgrade. You certainly won't be out anything.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Did you end up going to Bryce Canyon, as well as Zion NP?
    Yeah, they're an hour and a half apart.