Thread: Battle Creek (Fluff)

Battle Creek (Fluff)

I wrote this TR back in 2002 and just found it on my computer. I thought I would post it so ya'll could enjoy it.

May 25, 2002. Battle Creek, Zion National Park. Our tenuous excuse for a camp is situated on a slender ledge in the bottom of a deep chasm. Our spirits are high; we had come so far and canyoneered to new depths. Surely the last 2000 meters of canyon could be no worse than the distance we had already traveled. Conditions were good, and I was calm, looking forward a bit starry-eyed at ticking anther canyon from my list.

But nothing comes easy in this canyon. We were totally alone and had no communication with the outside world. My partner was well seasoned. You could hardly ask for a more experienced man. Steve Ramrass, or Ram as he is affectionately known, seemed to carry with him an aura of boundless competence, confidence, and good humor; you could not help but feel it anytime he was around.

As the sky turned black with night I couldn't help but feel that something was out of place. I felt as if we were being watched and let my feeling be known to Ram who simply laughed off my foolishness. I tried to ignore the insanity of my feelings as I climbed into my sleeping bag.

Unbeknownst to us, only a few meters away, a mutinous group of alien

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement