Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to St George, need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Hell!

The card I borrowed says my uncle's name, Mark, with my same last name. It could pass as a "Mary" or a "Marty". Do you think I could sign my name on the Spouse line, since we have the same last name? Then they could compare my signature to my license.
    You could try it. But be prepared to be hassled. If you were to say, "Mary is my wife's name." Then they would probably ask your wife to show ID (she will be in the car with you right?). I would just get your cover story straight and be very charming and direct. And be ready to fork over your 20. Tell us how it goes.

James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, I ended up just buying my own card, even though I borrowed my uncle's. I'm pretty sure I'll use it up. I just used $40 out of the $50 that it cost this weekend. I'll have Arches, Yellowstone, and Grand Canyon that are definites.

I did a Church Rocks bike TR and a Bryce Canyon hiking TR if anybody's interested.

Funny thing is, they checked my I.D. when I went back through Zion. I don't look anything like my driver's license, and I screwed up on the signature of the card because the pen ran out of ink.

Signatures in those situations are "high pressure".

Hey Sombeech,

Yes the parks do check the signature against an ID. If this guy comes to Bryce and tries to use that pass it WILL be confiscated and he will pay the $20.00.

Best bet is to purchase his own. $50 bucks for one year for any national park that charges an entrance fee.

One more thing.

In my 4 years working the entrance station at Bryce we confiscated over 500 passes which works out to be $25,000 worth of passes. The misuse of these passes deprives individual parks of funds to improve the facilities for the visitors -- all of them.

We would not be in this situation if Congress had the balls to fund the parks at the level they need to be. Each year we have to fund pay longevity pay raises out of base monies--they don't appropriate a penny.

Yeah, I'm one of those 'government' workers, but I try to ensure proper value is given.

So please re-think your decision to use someone else's pass.

bruce from bryce

THIS OPINION IS MINE ALONE AND DOES NOT REFLECT THAT OF THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    So please re-think your decision to use someone else's pass.
    I agree. I actually bought my own pass for this weekend. As I stated above, I kind of "flinched" on my signature because the pen ran out of ink, so I'm a little concerned about running into trouble with this.

So, you work the gate at Bryce? You may know the woman that I bought my pass from on Saturday the 13th, around 3:00 pm. Long, curly light brunette hair, pretty good looking?

Actually I don't work in the booths anymore. Took a career change into contracting. If you were at Bryce then that would be Ami. Did she have a very infectiuous laugh?

bruce

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    If you were at Bryce then that would be Ami. Did she have a very infectiuous laugh?
    She seemed like a happy gal, but I probably looked to scary to make her laugh.