Thread: Logan River TR

Logan River TR

My hand is still recuperating and healing from my accident in Fruita, but the weather was just too nice to stay indoors yesterday. I had the day off from work, and I needed a gentle ride that wouldn't require a lot of hand strength...the Logan River Trail was just the ticket. The Fatmobile was loaded and the journey was made. The trail was in fantastic condition, and the spring colors are just beginning to appear.

To get to the trail, simply go up Logan Canyon (4th North in Logan). After you pass First Dam, look for a parking area on the left (North) side of the road that has a large Cache National Forest sign. This is the parking area. The trail begins about 50 yds up the road on the south side of the road. Beware of the road construction in the canyon and parking area.

The trail is an out-and-back that alternates between double track, bike path, and singletrack. It starts as a double track until you reach the Stokes Nature Center, when it turns to bike path. At Second Dam, the trail becomes singletrack. It has 4 short switchbacks to gain some altitude above summer homes...kinda reminds me of the start of Mueller Park, but much shorter. The singletrack continues for about a mile, then drops into a campground and becomes double track again. Finally, at Spring Hollow (3rd Dam), the trail becomes bike path for the short trip around Spring Hollow to the campground. At that point, you turn around and follow the trail back to the trailhead.

This is a very gentle, easy trail, and so is a great ride for families and fat riders with broken hands! Even the singletrack is gentle enough for beginners. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images                     
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool! Nice report mtnbiker62. I came close to riding this trail last year. Looks like a good quickie. The accamobile will be loaded and headed over the canyon to Bear Lake before to long.

Holler when you head this way

I'd love to show you around. Not too soon, though. Tony Grove still has quite a bit of snow...it'll be a while before the good stuff melts out!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Cool! Nice report mtnbiker62. I came close to riding this trail last year. Looks like a good quickie. The accamobile will be loaded and headed over the canyon to Bear Lake before to long.
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Great report, man. I guess the Logan area is opening up for the season!
    Thanks for your latest addition to the trail report index.