View Poll Results: Have you replied to a Nigerian Email Scam?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, those dudes are dangerous!

5 19.23%
  • I don't know how or why I would want to.

2 7.69%
  • Yeah, baby! These guys need to get the runaround!

8 30.77%
  • I did, because I thought I could get rich.

2 7.69%
  • This is the stupidest poll you've ever done...

9 34.62%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nigerian Email Scam -- Let's reply!!!

Wow, they replied back, finally. I thought I had lost them.

They are obviously trying to make me feel guilty at this point, telling me I'm not serious! They sent me both of these emails on the same day, further proving their lack of orgainization skills. I swear, if one of you guys wanted to email them at this stage, they would think they were dealing with you the whole time!

Here's what they said:
    • Subject: Re: call Mr.Edward
      I KNOW FROM ONSET THAT YOU DON4T MEAN TO DO BUSINESS WITH ME, YOU WERE ONLY getting me into unnecessary gist which 'am not ready for

and the second letter that same day
      Subject: Re: call Mr.Edward
      I know you are not serious and ready to do business

For some reason, they didn't realize their CAPS LOCK was on in the first one, then they took it off without correcting themselves. I'm not even sure what the freaks are trying to say, unless they mispelled everything.

Where's the Spelling Nazi when you need him?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Wow, they replied back, finally. I thought I had lost them.

They are obviously trying to make me feel guilty at this point, telling me I'm not serious! They sent me both of these emails on the same day, further proving their lack of orgainization skills. I swear, if one of you guys wanted to email them at this stage, they would think they were dealing with you the whole time!

Here's what they said:
    • Subject: Re: call Mr.Edward
      I KNOW FROM ONSET THAT YOU DON4T MEAN TO DO BUSINESS WITH ME, YOU WERE ONLY getting me into unnecessary gist which 'am not ready for

and the second letter that same day
      Subject: Re: call Mr.Edward
      I know you are not serious and ready to do business

For some reason, they didn't realize their CAPS LOCK was on in the first one, then they took it off without correcting themselves. I'm not even sure what the freaks are trying to say, unless they mispelled everything.

Where's the Spelling Nazi when you need him?
    Makes ya wonder where they are "really" at, and how many scams are going on at the same time??? Could be in the good ole USA for all we know.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Makes ya wonder where they are "really" at, and how many scams are going on at the same time??? Could be in the good ole USA for all we know.
    These are actually notorious for being from Nigeria, because their gov't won't cooperate with us if we actually investigate it. This lets them scam whomever they want, even if it's traceable.

I decided to reply back to them today:

• Why would you say that? You have demanded some very difficult things of me, and I have done the best that I can. You have still not told me if you received my package.

I'm still getting ready to move out of my house. I've attached a picture of my house. My step-father is the person in front. He is special to me.

Please reply.

Chrissy.

This is in response to them accusing me of not being serious.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Even I'm starting to lose interest in this thing. I need some fresh ideas from you guys, or else we'll just let this go bye-bye.

Nevertheless, they keep responding. Here are the next series of replies, with mine in the green, theirs in the blue.

• As soon as you send the money via western union we proceed.
      Mrs.Janet

My reply

Why is western union the only method acceptable? I've already told you that this is difficult for me.

Chrissy

Their answer; notice they say "because it's the fastest way" when this thing's been going on a month!

That's the only fastest medium to transact money transfer. If indeed you are serious and trustworthy to transact this business with me you should find every possible way or location to go and send the money by western union money transfer.

By your actions Mr.Michael has even started raising some suspicious curiosity about you but I have calmed him down convincing him that you are indeed the real person only that you don't know the proper way to go about it.

Janet

Send it to him : MICHAEL ONYEKA, ADD: ABIDJAN - COTE D'IVOIRE.

She had to calm him down? Nice touch! This is supposed to make me believe that THEY are getting pissed, and I'd better "shape up" or I won't see my millions of dollars.

Now, it's time for my reply. You guys help me out. I'm running out of ideas. We just have to take this to the next step somehow.

Honestly, I would come right out and tell them that you have been f*cking with them the whole time. Tell them what an ass they have been for wasting their time with you.

Like I said before though, I would caution against leading them to uutah.com
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Yup, I say let the cat outta the bag. But don't let it come back to UUtah, or there could be some real trouble.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Loved IT ! Great Reading

Like ChiefAutoParts I dropped off the grid for a bit and have a lot of reading to do to catch up. This is the first time I've every read, start to finish, a six page post. Loved every line, just wish it could be a continuing saga. Will there be another book out soon??
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Harper's Index:

Percentage of Nigerians living on less than $1 per day in 1985 and today, respectively: 32, 71

Total oil revenues that have flowed into Nigeria since 1974: $728,500,000,000

Amount that Britons paid to "Nigerian-style e-mail and letter scams last year: $661,500,000

Blimey.

Quote Originally Posted by erial
    Harper's Index:

Percentage of Nigerians living on less than $1 per day in 1985 and today, respectively: 32, 71

Total oil revenues that have flowed into Nigeria since 1974: $728,500,000,000

Amount that Britons paid to "Nigerian-style e-mail and letter scams last year: $661,500,000

Blimey.
    Really? People actually bought in to this? I always wonder what the point of spam mail is, and now I realize that someone actually can make money from it.

P.S. I love that this thread can make a comeback after nearly a year.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

"Only the United States was worse off, losing $720 million that year. Nigeria was not the only source of such scams."

from a Reuters news item of 11-20-06.

Do you guys ever watch "The Office"?

"When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country, okay?"

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVEqDIc5J1U[/youtube]

(I think "The Office" is the funniest show since Seinfeld)

Steve Carell is one funny guy. When I first noticed him, he was in Bruce Almighty.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Do you guys ever watch "The Office"?
    (I think "The Office" is the funniest show since Seinfeld)
    Yes, I love the show, but mostly because I just want Jim and Pam to get it on. I love watching the pain of their mutual yearning. Well, OK, I actually love everything about the show...

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Steve Carell is one funny guy. When I first noticed him, he was in Bruce Almighty.
    I thought he was awesome in Anchroman!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Yes, I love the show, but mostly because I just want Jim and Pam to get it on.
    I have been really frustrated with Pam. I understood her not persuing the relationship when she was with Roy but after they broke up she should have called Jim. I don't care what happens between them anymore. The only couple I really care about is Dwight & Angela. They are two of my favorite characters!