Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uutah Moab trip

Quote Originally Posted by LJ
    Hey Guys -

Can a girl with a 15 year old Specialized come? It's not pretty anymore but it gets me there!

Lynn
    You bet! No matter how nice my bike is, you're probably still a better rider than me.

You just can't make fun of an older bike when it's passing you on the trail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Right On! Ability is 90 percent of the ride. I used to ride a hardtail down there simply because it could climb like a goat. Take what you're comfortable with and show everyone who's boss is what I like to say. Go down State St. in Sandy & hit some pawn shops - bikes everywhere! Then what are you really out of. I take several bikes with me everywhere I ride now simply because depending on how I feel when I get there. The important thing is to go and RIDE!!

Can a girl with a 15 year old Specialized come?
    If you happen to be 5'7" or a little shorter, I have decent LX hardtail with a Duke fork to lend. I own three mountain bikes and I'm not talented enough to ride more than one at a time.

I'm seriously looking at the first weekend in June. Do you think a hotel will be hard to find?
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    Can a girl with a 15 year old Specialized come?
    If you happen to be 5'7" or a little shorter, I have decent LX hardtail with a Duke fork to lend. I own three mountain bikes and I'm not talented enough to ride more than one at a time.

I'm seriously looking at the first weekend in June. Do you think a hotel will be hard to find?

I really wish I was 5'7" or a little shorter but I have a few inches on that. Thanks a bunch for the offer though - I'm thinkin' I need to start watching for a decent used bike but then I've been branching out in outdoors interests (bought a horse and have started hiking with ropes) and not getting out on the trails as much so I might just suck it up with the old bike for now. Ah the age old problem - too much needed gear not enough $. Which means I probably will need to rent a bike on the Moab trip so I can have a chance of keeping up with you guys!

Lynn

That's my trouble. Too many hobbies, too much gear, too much sweet talkin' to get it.

I turned my hobby into a business so I can get most 'upgrades' but I still have to sweet talk to get it