Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uutah Moab trip

Uutah Moab trip

Ok, just for kicks, who would be up for a Uutah Moab trip sometime? Who know when that means, maybe a month, or maybe 4 months away.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

first weekend in may?

a poseur friend and i were debating this agenda a few weeks ago:

leave home
    camp: Trail Canyon
    hike: Trail Canyon
    hotel: Central Moab
    bike: Top of The World
    hotel: Central Moab
    hike: Hidden Valley
    bike: Hidden Canyon
    camp: Goblin Valley
    bike: The Swell
    return home

unfortunately, he doesn't actually ride. he just stands next to his bike, talks trash, and tries his best to look good doing it.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    first weekend in may?

a poseur friend and i were debating this agenda a few weeks ago:

unfortunately, he doesn't actually ride. he just stands next to his bike, talks trash, and tries his best to look good doing it.

HEY...I am a poseur...I just usually hang out in the parking lot and polish my bike up, telling everybody how good I am...can I come???

You two are pretty gung-ho. I am too lazy, I would probably just get one hotel for the whole time. Since I am so feminine, I need a shower after each ride. Do the campsites that you camp at have showers?
    ~Jason

I'd love to go...

...but the first weekend in May isn't possible for me. If it ends up being some other weekend, I'm all for it!
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

i will stay in hotels, no doubt, I have a free hotel and I can hook us up. I will go anytime and I will go when ever. Hotel for free. I am drinking right now and am a little confused. I will go whenever and will get us a few rooms free in Moab. Archway inn is the free hotel I can get. Tell me when and I will arrange it. I am not the camper type.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Archway inn is the free hotel I can get.
    That's a pretty nice place. I've stayed there 3 times. Man, we should really get this thing going. How's June? May "may" be a little early for me.

Archway Inn huh? I thought that I stayed there but I actually stayed at the Adventure Inn across from Poison Spider Bikes.

I am down for a trip soon, as long as it doesn't fall on a test day for me. Only thing is, a June trip would mean a really early rise because of the heat. I would still be down, but getting up early to beat the heat would be a necessity to me, otherwise, we will shrivel and die.
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Think you can get a permission slip signed for this Acca?
    ~Jason

I am down for a Moab trip soon. One week that I wouldn't be available is the week of May 17th. Considering that there isn't a huge function in Moab, the hotel should be good to go. The heat would be crazy in June, but hey I am down for some night rides.

Just out of curiousity, how do you guys plan on affording the cost of gas to drive down there? Gas will easily be over $3 a gallon probably within the next month. Thats a real bummer because it makes me and my wife really have to think twice before planning a road trip for mtn bike rides. What are your thoughts?

Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by eddy1911
    Just out of curiousity, how do you guys plan on affording the cost of gas to drive down there? Gas will easily be over $3 a gallon probably within the next month. Thats a real bummer because it makes me and my wife really have to think twice before planning a road trip for mtn bike rides. What are your thoughts?

Eddy
    DAMMIT, did you have to remind me of these crazy gas prices?? I am hearing rumors of $4 dollars a gallon in the summer. YIKES!
    ~Jason

I am down for a Moab trip soon. One week that I wouldn't be available is the week of May 17th. Considering that there isn't a huge function in Moab, the hotel should be good to go. The heat would be crazy in June, but hey I am down for some night rides.
    Can you do early rides? I mean, the temp is cool, and the trails are barren. That's what I did when I was there, and the whole week was 100+ in May.
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Think you can get a permission slip signed for this Acca?
    Oh yeah.
    I will be in Vegas on business May 12-13. Everything else is looking open at the moment May and June. We should get a date on the Calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy1911

Eddy

That is why I have a job that pays for all of my gas!!!

Are we talkin' just a weekend thing, like Friday thru Sunday?

If so, that will probably be easy for everyone, even if we only meet up for Saturday and go riding, and save the other two days for travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Are we talkin' just a weekend thing, like Friday thru Sunday?

If so, that will probably be easy for everyone, even if we only meet up for Saturday and go riding, and save the other two days for travel.
    Personally, since I have to travel so far, I would be taking Friday and Monday off as well (or Thursday and Friday off). And, to further justify the journey, I would probably try and fit in 2 rides each day, probably Saturday, and Sunday. One of my buddy's is expressing interest, so that would be a good thing as far as splitting the travel costs.

Can you roost yourself out of bed for an early ride, or do you need your beauty sleep?
    ~Jason

Early rides are great and that is when it will be cool enough to go.

I am easy.... Just ask my wife....

Early rides are great and that is when it will be cool enough to go.
    Not to mention uncrowded. For two morning rides I did not see anybody during my rides. For some crazy reason, all of those shuttle buses were taking off at like 9 to 11am to shuttle people to the trail head. It was already like 98 degrees by 11am. I just could not understand it.

Check out Amassa Back parking lot at 6:30am. I don't even know where the people from that truck were at.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Jason