Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animosity

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Ok, I don't want to dis on the Navajos, but I was just wondering.....why is the fine so high? $1000? There are felonies that have fines less than that!!

OUCH!!! What's up with that? I realize its their land, and they can manage it however they want, but 1000 dollars seems a tad extreme.
    From what I understand, they are their own jurisdiction, seperate from any State or Federal jurisdictions, so they write their own laws and punishments. I know with real poaching (hunting) they have a reputation for taking peoples trucks, guns, atv's, etc. I had some friends that were just playing paintball on unmarked Indian land near Mesa (they had no idea) and after lots of threats to take their trucks and throw them in jail, they were nice and just gave them a huge fine... to be payed before they let them all go...

Consider it private property where the property owner is the legislative, judicial, and executive branch ... not exactly the system of checks and balances we're used to.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just like to stir the pot by adding my two cents...

I did Pandora's Box over the weekend, and had a blast!

Much love to Deserthiker for finding an absolute GEM of a canyon! I'm guessing that if you found one this good, you're probably holding out on at least a few more that are as good.

And much love to Shane for taking the time to find it, and sharing it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Much love to Deserthiker for finding an absolute GEM of a canyon! I'm guessing that if you found one this good, you're probably holding out on at least a few more that are as good.
    Nope. Absolutely not.

Well, except that one canyon... with the really cool rap... or that other one with the really pretty water section... or remember that tight one??... man that was a heck of a day.... oooops... nevermind... I have said too much.... Shane is probably checking his maps right now. ;) They are just south of that countour line... no, not THAT contour line, the OTHER contour line.....

deserthiker

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Now days I just sit in the shadows and wait for the beta to flow my way..... I've noticed two interesting habits of canyoneers....

1. They just love to talk about canyons and what they have done and what is still on the menu.

2. They will all trade their mother for good beta on a new route (This includes Desert Hiker). And I have some amazing trade bait.

Patience is a virtue.... or.... all good things come to those who wait..... or.... the only why three guys can keep a secret is if two of them are dead..... or...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum