Thread: I-15 N.O.W. Expansion

I-15 N.O.W. Expansion

Us "northerners" have noticed it's road construction season again. They are working on I-15 North AND Southbound between 31st and 12th street exits.

There are many rumors going on, about expanding from 2 lanes to 3, or just widening the shoulder.

The official website of the project is here: http://www.udot.utah.gov/i15now/

They are going to be improving the freeway by reconstructing some of the exits, but it's unclear if they will be adding a lane or not. Whatever it is, it will take 3 years, including the "expansion" all the way up to 2700 North in Pleasant View.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I keep passing a sign stating that the 24th street exit will be closed on a certain date, but I miss the date every time.

Does anybody know? I get off this exit for work.

North or southbound? I'll check tonight and tomorrow morning for you.

If you go around the curve between 24th street and 21st street you can see where they've torn out all the brand new concrete barricade they took the whole summer to install just two or three years ago . There's a serious I-D-10-T error down at UDOT. I've tried to apply there, but I'm over qualified simply by being smart. After all this pain we're going through I hope they're expanding the road. Three years? I think I smell pork.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

So I'm the one who had the I-D-10-T error. There's no southbound off ramp at 24th street.

Anyway, I did find the info you wanted at the corner of 12th street and 1900 W. The 24th street access to I-15 will be closed April 19th and 20th from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM.

Hope that helps.

-Mike
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    The 24th street access to I-15 will be closed April 19th and 20th from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM.

Hope that helps.

-Mike
    OK, cool. That does help. Thanks.