Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Shouldn't Be Alive

I Shouldn't Be Alive

Hey.... I just heard from the Harris boys. You might remember them from this little adventure.

Baptist Draw Accident
    http://climb-utah.com/SRS/baptist1.htm

Anyhoo...... Justin and Jeremy's story of what happened in Baptist Draw is being aired on the Discovery Channel's "I Shouldn't Be Alive" series in May. I'll try and post show times and dates when I see them. Everyone else keep an eye out and let us know if you spy them first.

One other interesting tid-bit..... the Isuzu Trooper featured in the Little Wild Horse Flash flood story also belonged to Justin.

Flashflood - Little Wild Horse Canyon
    http://climb-utah.com/SRS/flashflood.htm

Watch yer top knot....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: I Shouldn't Be Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Hey.... I just heard from the Harris boys. You might remember them from this little adventure.

Baptist Draw Accident

Anyhoo...... Justin and Jeremy's story of what happened in Baptist Draw is being aired on the Discovery Channel's "I Shouldn't Be Alive" series in May. I'll try and post show times and dates when I see them. Everyone else keep an eye out and let us know if you spy them first.

One other interesting tid-bit..... the Isuzu Trooper featured in the Little Wild Horse Flash flood story also belonged to Justin.

Flashflood - Little Wild Horse Canyon

Sounds like there should be a book in the works, Please keep us informed on when the serious would aire, I would love to watch it. Thanks for the post.
    http://climb-utah.com/SRS/flashflood.htm

Watch yer top knot....

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Baptist Draw Accident

Yes, please post the times so I can make sure my wife doesn't watch!
    -----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki

Quote Originally Posted by Ryebrye
    Yes, please post the times so I can make sure my wife doesn't watch!

There's a story in today's Deseret News about these guys, and it says the show will air on November 10th.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650195762,00.html

Thanks for the update

Dang..... I might need someone to record this for me. I foolishly volunteered to give a canyoneering presentation to a youth group on the night of the 10th.

I love this quote....

"I really feel like we all have two choices, no matter what happens to you. You can either be a survivor or a victim. It all depends on how you deal with it."

They usually re-air it a couple times during the week, check local listings. That

I can record it and burn it for you. I just bought a new tower with a tv tuner that records live tv. Worked really great last Thursday when I had school during the big TCU upset

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I can record it and burn it for you. I just bought a new tower with a tv tuner that records live tv. Worked really great last Thursday when I had school during the big TCU upset
    I'd go that way

Let me see when it's going to be broadcast and I'll let you know. I tried looking up the info on the Discovery Channel website but it has not been updated yet. I'm hoping the program will be broadcast several times the first day at different times and then I'll be able to snag it myself.

I do want a copy of this program since I try and collect this type stuff. It always comes in useful at a later date.

Can we make a sticky as a reminder to all of us until the show airs?

Update..... I just heard from Tricia Harris (Justin's wife). The Baptist Draw episode of I Shouldn't Be Alive is actually airing November 10th. The Discovery Channel saved it for their season preimer because they were so impressed with this episode. She also told me that Justin will be on Larry King this Friday.

The Baptist Draw episode of I Shouldn't Be Alive is actually airing November 10th. The Discovery Channel saved it for their season preimer because they were so impressed with this episode.
    so who's gonna tivo it, burn it, rip it and post it for the rest of us without cable to see?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    The Baptist Draw episode of I Shouldn't Be Alive is actually airing November 10th. The Discovery Channel saved it for their season preimer because they were so impressed with this episode.
    so who's gonna tivo it, burn it, rip it and post it for the rest of us without cable to see?

Ya, really. Sign me up too!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I am gonna record it on my Comcast DVR, but I don't know how to get stuff from the box. I never hacked it really.... does anyone know?

Ill take the responsibility. I just need some reminders and a little help on how to link video from my computer to a host.

Mr. Rockgremlin,

This story unfolded two weeks after we were there shooting "In The Groove" remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell
    Mr. Rockgremlin,

This story unfolded two weeks after we were there shooting "In The Groove" remember?
    Ya, I do remember that. I remember thinking "What the hell?! We were just down there!"

They should've looked for the rock cairns -- errrrr, nevermind....rock cairns don't mean anything!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Ill take the responsibility. I just need some reminders and a little help on how to link video from my computer to a host.
    You could host it on youtube.com or video.google.com