Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TR- "little Canada" North Ogden trail

I checked out the trail today, found some pretty good spring runoff making waterfalls between the trail & the canal. I can only imagine what the falls look like further upstream coming down those huge cliffs. Towards the end of the Southern section, between the canal road, and the highway, there was a landslide recently taking out two 50 foot sections of the trail.

Sorry the camera phone pictures suck. I wasn't expecting to see anything worth taking real pics of on this ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Those sections have been waiting to come down and take out part of the trail for a while. I would be interested in helping to rebuild that part of the trail, I wonder who I would have to contact to figure it out?

Where is the pic of the upper fall at? is that at the southern most part of the canal road?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

The waterfall's are on the North side where the trail splits and there's an upper & lower trail, maybe 10th Northish? It's just from runoff, so I don't think it's going to last very long.

Since individual cities are responsible for their own sections of the BST, I imagine it would be the Parks & Rec dept with Ogden City that will take charge. I'd be willing to help out as well.
    Mike

I'm gonna hafta go check out those little waterfalls. I had no idea they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'm gonna hafta go check out those little waterfalls. I had no idea they were there.

Let me know when you are going I would like to go and check it out with you.

I wanted to see what was upstream from those falls around the cliffs, so I went up there today to see if it was worthwhile, and I have to say it is. You can't see these until you get close, unless you climb up the boulder scree to get higher. There's a decent faint path most of the way up, if you can stay on it. If in doubt, just head towards the scree and look for a dry creekbed.

I'll go on a ride up there (or anywhere around here) anytime if I'm free, just let me know.

There are more pics of this trip here: http://www.mikepearce.us/LewisIII/default.asp
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike

Live2ride people say your the man with the data for bike trails in northern Utah. I'm interested in making some high quality custom topo maps in a 1:24000 scale or 1:30000 scale with the trails printed on the map. Would you be willing to trade some data? I have data of the trails in Moab, Monticello, and the Blanding Utah area.
    Monte
    www.otbpmaps.com
    Your Map Source

Sure I can give you any info you want that I can help you out with. Let me know what I can do to help ya.