Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TR- "little Canada" North Ogden trail

TR- "little Canada" North Ogden trail

Ok, This is a trail report with everything that you need, I am going to post a link to the trail I submitted to Motionbased.com (gps website) click on the link and the page will have everythnig you need to check this trail out, within the page if you navigate on the left side where it reads "activity dashboard" you can choose elevation, speed, distance etc. Then in the middle of the page it has driving directions, google earth (it will graph the exact trail) etc. Click on the charts: everything and you can see the profile of speed, elevation etc. check it out it is pretty cool and makes it easy to get info on the trail.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/e...kValue=574965#

enjoy, this was a great trail and I am planning on doing it 2 more times this week, so if anyone is interested let me know!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

where the heck are the PICS???

pics will be coming this week, I did take some

Looks like a decent trail. Here's a GE image.

live2ride's GE location tool Here.

So how did you hear about this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Also look for this trail in the Trip Report Index. Thanks live2ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    pics will be coming this week, I did take some
    Sweet.

Do you know if there are any stickers on this trail cause I would hate to ride it and get 2 flat tires and have to walk out!
    You got like 3 feet of air that time!

Quote Originally Posted by window_licker
    Do you know if there are any stickers on this trail
    I have heard of this as well. Welcome to the forum, window_licker! I think live2ride will give us some more details this week when he posts his pics up.l

Quote Originally Posted by window_licker
    Do you know if there are any stickers on this trail cause I would hate to ride it and get 2 flat tires and have to walk out!
    I guess the name says it all, if you are a window licker (aka Re-tard) and can't keep on the trail that could be a possibiilty,or if you are trying to ride the short bus up the hill!!!, it is no different than the other portions of the BST, I have had no problems and also there is an older man who walks these trails and keeps them spectacular ( trims trees rakes trail etc) , one more thing there is a new trail leaving from rainbow gardens and is suppost to be pretty cool. Pics will be on later today.

How have the trails in that area been lately in terms of mud? That is, before today's snow. I haven't been up there in a couple months.

The trail that goes between the point where the canal goes into the mountain, and around the 5th N parking lot (around there, across from the Catholic church) it's a pretty fun, quick ride. That's where I usually park when I ride that area.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mroy
    How have the trails in that area been lately in terms of mud? That is, before today's snow. I haven't been up there in a couple months.

The trail that goes between the point where the canal goes into the mountain, and around the 5th N parking lot (around there, across from the Catholic church) it's a pretty fun, quick ride. That's where I usually park when I ride that area.
    From Catholic church South, absolutley no mud trail is in prefect shape and has been dry for quite some time. BST trail report that Somebeech did shows the trail conditions prior to this storm, just a few frozen sections.

Pics now posted of trail, pics start from bottom to top

In the pics, the trail that you ride is above the canal road and if you look enough you can see it across the mountain. The order of the pics start from bottom of posted pics to top. Sorry I posted them in the incorrect order.

Well done, man.

You know, one of these saturdays, we'll have to start at @4800 south and Harrison and ride the shoreline trail from the south, all the way to rainbow gardens, across 12th, and onto this trail.

That would be a cool ride to hook it all together.

Sounds weird for a fat guy, but...

I'd prefer to do it the other way. Start at North Ogden, and ride it south, then turn around. Do it as an out and back. That way, the return trip would mostly be a long downhill!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Well done, man.

You know, one of these saturdays, we'll have to start at @4800 south and Harrison and ride the shoreline trail from the south, all the way to rainbow gardens, across 12th, and onto this trail.

You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Re: Sounds weird for a fat guy, but...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    I'd prefer to do it the other way. Start at North Ogden, and ride it south, then turn around. Do it as an out and back. That way, the return trip would mostly be a long downhill!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Well done, man.

i will do any w

I think I would rather do it the way somebeech suggested, either way your sixes, it is only on the bench so you don't really have climbs? I would do any way!!!

Trail was great

Just got back from the ride that I mentioned that I was going to do, The trail was spectacular and had only two 5 foot spots where the water was actually running over the rocks, absolutely no mud. This trail is one of the few trails that dry's out days before any other trail. Conditions were great, trail was great and we were able to convince a guy in the parking lot to come and join us, he loved the trail. I am thinking I am going to ride the trail tommorow because I will out of town untill thurs? I usually rest up on sundays but I might make it out. Let me know if anyone wants to join for a ride.

Nice report bro! Very nice yota BTW.....

I should have come with you today. I took my son to a b-day party at thanksgiving point. Petting smelly animals and riding ponies... We will get the posse together soon and we need to set a day to ride with a group up north.

I rode it today also

Myself and another guy from MTBR. He wanted to check out my new Preston FR, so we took both my bikes up and rode the trail. Like live2ride said, it was in amazing shape. I'm looking forward to some group rides soon, but not next weekend. I'm leaving for Fruita on Thursday!!
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Re: I rode it today also

I'm leaving for Fruita on Thursday!!
    Cool! We're looking forward to the trip reports!

cool pictures. Looks nice and dry. Wish I could ride there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    cool pictures. Looks nice and dry. Wish I could ride there.

Soon enough you will be here and all the trails will be dry by then, This trail is perfect for pre-season early rides, it dries out fast!!

Re: I rode it today also

Myself and another guy from MTBR. He wanted to check out my new Preston FR, so we took both my bikes up and rode the trail. Like live2ride said, it was in amazing shape. I'm looking forward to some group rides soon, but not next weekend. I'm leaving for Fruita on Thursday!!

What are you going to fruita for? Biking, for the bike stuff they have going on, Fuita is pretty fun to ride. Make sure you take some pics!!!