Thread: I've waited 7 years for this...

I've waited 7 years for this...

...and this is how it all goes down.

I graduated in December. For some mystical reason, it takes 3 months to push the "Print" button on the Diploma Deskjet 3200. I've called several times just to make sure they "show" that I have graduated, because it wouldn't surprise me if they threw in some last minute requirements. They call that "customer retention".

So, we go out to meet some friends tonight, and we notice on our door step this big, wet, soggy envelope from Weber State University. There's no mistake about it, since it clearly states "DIPLOMA DO NOT BEND". The problem is, they should have said "DIPLOMA - DO NOT LEAVE OUT IN THE F*****G RAIN ALL DAY". But extra instructions like that would lead to further tuition increases, and higher postage rates because there is more reading for the mailman to do.

I'm pretty bent out of shape about this one. I know I should be able to get another one, but I won't pay a DIME for it. That's between the university and the post office. I would expect they could put it in some kind of plastic sleeve, and if it doesn't fit in the mailbox, just leave a note.

I would have gladly driven to the Post Office to pick this up. UnFreakingBelievable. You watch these next couple of days. I'll report back to you, and both parties will act like I'M THE JERK.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's classic!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

So..... exactly how much did you pay for the soggy piece of paper with smeared ink????

DAMN! good luck
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    So..... exactly how much did you pay for the soggy piece of paper with smeared ink????

Well, some quick math here... on and off for seven years, going through quarters and semesters... Let's be CONSERVATIVE and say I went for about 12 semesters/quarters at about $1300 a hit plus books averaging $200 more...

($1300+$200)
    $18,000

That's one expensive, soggy piece of shit. But remember, I'll come out of this whole thing looking like the jerk for demanding a single, fine quality paper.

I just thought of something really funny.....

.....wait until you first post grad job interview and hand that diploma to your perspective employer and watch the look on his face...... PRICELESS......

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I just thought of something really funny.....

.....wait until you first post grad job interview and hand that diploma to your perspective employer and watch the look on his face...... PRICELESS......

I would, but by that time my name would have bled off the paper to be illedgible.

Then, I'd be at the interview and say, "well, I don't have it with me, but if you can just log on to uutah.com..."

Then he'd see my avatar and say "that's all I need to see. You're hired."

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Then, I'd be at the interview and say, "well, I don't have it with me, but if you can just log on to uutah.com..."

Then he'd see my avatar and say "that's all I need to see. You're hired."

It must of not been raining when it was left a real government employee wouldn't have got out in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    It must of not been raining when it was left a real government employee wouldn't have got out in the rain
    great point. Hell, maybe it was there for a couple of days if that's the case. If nobody knocks on our front door, there's no reason to check it. We'll check the mailbox and go in through the garage.

Your point leaves the door wide open that it could have been delivered on a sunny day. But that would mean it was in February.

Where is our resident mailman (jimflint1) to defend himself.

Congrats!!

Being serious, I graduated 2 years ago and the same thing happened to me except the mailman used a rubber band to attach it to the mailbox and it was down the street in the gutter in a good old storm, it only took them 3 months to re-print it for me!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    it only took them 3 months to re-print it for me!!!
    That's what I was afraid of.

The good news is, I called the "school" yesterday and they reprinted it for me. I'll pick it up today. That surprised me. I was afraid the Diplomajet 5000 was going to be down or something.

I'll report back, just to confirm I got it.

Okey dokey. Everything's settled. The postmaster called me back, I talked with the school, basically I have a brand new diploma in my hands right now.

I am dismantling the explosive device as we speak.

you better tear up that diploma and go picket WSU, that is what people seem to do these days, everyday I drive by a bunch on dumb asses standing in front of a company with a sign that says "shame on this company" I am sure you saw them last year in front of HAFB for 3 months. Give me a break.

everyday I drive by a bunch on dumb asses standing in front of a company with a sign that says "shame on this company"
    Where at, man? I'd like to go check 'em out. Those always turn out to be funny pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    everyday I drive by a bunch on dumb asses standing in front of a company with a sign that says "shame on this company"
    Where at, man? I'd like to go check 'em out. Those always turn out to be funny pictures.

Today they were at 47th south near the corner of 9th east. By fat pipe networks, I see them all of the time.