Thread: for those w/ kids

for those w/ kids

ok. here is the deal. i am a single parent. i like to play outside. i have no family here. so... any parent(s) out there who would be interested in arranging a mutually beneficial "kid swap" ? i will gladly watch your child(ren) for 24-48 hours so you may have some away time, if you are willing to reciprocate. or, does anyone do daycare or know someone trustworthy who would for such a period of time ? i am a little leary of this proposition, but i have to get out w/ some regularity so i don't go CRAZY my boy is 9. he has cerebral palsy but is self reliant - walks, talks (a lot !), feeds and dresses and toilets (very important) hisself. he loves monster stuff, so be prepeared to hear about king kong or godzilla or some such creature for as long as you can bear it before jamming a pencil in your ear for some respite.

jason.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jason...feel your pain

for an hourly daycare try the Childrens Club.

for kid swap... well, i can do park play dates and see how my little ones respond. i'm at sugarhouse park a lot w/ them if your interested.

We,re not interested in swapping kids and do not know much about cerebral palsy but would like to extend an open invite for your boy to go with our 2 boys, there a little younger 4,5 soon to be 5,6. We go dirt bike riding alot and he is welcome to go with us? I'm not sure if its something he can do or not, i do have a little 50CC bike he could ride and some safety equipment. we usally go with other people that have kids also..
    best contact info. desertrat222@hotmail.com

My two are the riders with flags, I took the pic.
    Red Ram
    36' hauler
    KTM Pro SR SX 50cc
    Kawi KX65
    Yam 426F

What about a kids summer camp, one that can accomodate him?

You could start with the Easter Seals of Utah or the United Cerebral Palsy of Utah?

I don't have kids, but I hope you find a solution to make son and dad happy!