Thread: Lake Powell this weekend

Lake Powell this weekend

Thought I would throw this out if anyone is interested. Me and one of my buddies are heading down to Powell to do some slots. HDH and probably going to try a couple side canyons that empty into Smith Fork. Anyone who cares to go is invited. Sorry to give such short notice, but a bunch of people bailed at the last minute. We are leaving in a couple of hours and heading to Bullfrog. We'll stay on the house boat tonight and camp tomorrow night. Any takers:
    801-592-1212
    Reed

P.S - Shane, I KNOW you are down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Lake Powell this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Thought I would throw this out if anyone is interested. Me and one of my buddies are heading down to Powell to do some slots. HDH and probably going to try a couple side canyons that empty into Smith Fork. Anyone who cares to go is invited. Sorry to give such short notice, but a bunch of people bailed at the last minute. We are leaving in a couple of hours and heading to Bullfrog. We'll stay on the house boat tonight and camp tomorrow night. Any takers:
    801-592-1212
    Reed

Smith Fork? Beware of Psychological Damage. Its a pretty Brutal X canyon with some amount of infamy, and I'm 99% sure its one of the Smith Fork side canyons. If I wasn't leaving this evening I'd mark it on Google Earth or a map or something so you could avoid it. High stemming (40 to 60 feet) with silos (places where the canyon bells out and then gets immediately narrow again). Not worth the risk, in my opinion, for a fairly shallow canyon.

http://www.cerberuscanyons.com/cpg13...album=27&pos=0

I was the "belay from the rim" on that one.

Re: Lake Powell this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Nope..... I already have other plans etched in stone. But thanks for the invite.