Thread:

What is High Pointing? It is trying to bag the highest peak in all 29 counties of Utah. Three peaks lie on the county line and count for both counties, for a total of 26 Highest County Peaks. Below is the list with trip reports of those here who have gone before you.

Kings Peak, 13,528 ft, Duchesne County (Highest peak in Utah and the highest in the Unita Mountans)
    rlm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This will be great, considering I want to hit all the high points this year.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Great idea! It will be cool to see more users and their reports added to the list.

I plan to start scanning my photos from my trips back in 2001 and writing up some TR's

Hey James,
    I did winter ascents of Brian Head Peak numerous times in 84 & 85 took many trips down the chutes. We did avalanche control and training on the peak each winter. Great skiing off the Head.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Nice work, James. It's good to have those "blank" spots, to see who gets there first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Nice work, James. It's good to have those "blank" spots, to see who gets there first.
    Notice who's name is at the top (13,528) of the list!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Notice who's name is at the top (13,528) of the list!
    Top of the mountain of Horse S**t? yeah, yeah.

I'll tell you what, I've got to go through some drastic physical changes this year if I'm going to make that trip again.

Mountain Range High Points

Here's something you could add. Tell us if a peak is also the highest in a mountain range. For example: Kings Peak, Uintah Mountains; Mt. Nebo, Wasatch Mountains; etc.... That would put an extra big bullseye on them.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Re: Mountain Range High Points

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    Here's something you could add. Tell us if a peak is also the highest in a mountain range. For example: Kings Peak, Uintah Mountains; Mt. Nebo, Wasatch Mountains; etc.... That would put an extra big bullseye on them.
    Done

Nice work on this James!

Since I'm moving to Monticello next week, look for me to be the first to bag Mount Waas, and Mount Peale.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

ibapah

I did Ibapah last year. What an awesome hike. It was quit long from the east side but we had a blast. What a view. That's my only high point. I'd love to do more this summer. I have a problem finding people to go with. I was thinking I like to do Nebo and Deseret Peaks this summer. Maybe AF twins too.
    Life's to short to short to spend indoors

Re: ibapah

Quote Originally Posted by vamedtech
    I did Ibapah last year. .
    What is Ibapah?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

it's a 12087 foot mountain in the deep creek range, which sits just east of the border of nevada, just south of I-80.

ipabah

Ibapah - Highpoint of Juab County.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Hey I just updated all of Mtnman1830

I finished the Utah county highpoints in 2006 and had the privilege of meeting Mtnman on that trip. He also was present when my friend Dennis and I finished our Utah quest on Gilbert Peak. I have a page at Summitpost with additional info on the Utah County highpoints as well as a listing of known Utah finishers.
    http://www.summitpost.org/list/17119...ighpoints.html

I finished the Nevada county highpoints last month and hope to finish Arizona in a short time.
    http://www.summitpost.org/list/17105...ighpoints.html

As you can detect, I am a county highpointing addict and am working on most of the west. Then of course, there are those wonderful Utah prominence peaks but that is another addiction.
    http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/403457.gif