Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you think you know movies...

So you think you know movies...

Here's one thats absolutely google proof!
    Type the name of the movie in the top blank and the bottom blank will say correct or wrong
    See who can get the highest score. I lose.

First person to get them all correct post the completed version for those of us that don't have a clue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow...that's pretty tough! I was only able to get 34 correct.

That's pretty cool! I am not much of a movie buff. I only spent five minutes and got the obvious five.

Pretty cool how he chose Excel. I did a search on the web for this dude, turns out there's a bunch of "Invisible quizes". They're all in Excel format too.

I tried to "unprotect" the sheet by hacking the password he has. I tried a bunch of stuff, copying it to a brand new sheet, pasting values only, formulas, whatever. I unhid a few cells that were interesting.

No luck yet though.

I HATE YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!
    it's driving me nuts!
    i got all of them but 3

i must get them all......Rrrrrrr!

If you want to cheat, you can go here to download an Excel add-in that will crack the password. You'll probably have to lower the security settings in Excel in order for it to work, but I've used this add-in several times with no issues. It does take about a minute on my computer to crack the password, but during that minute Excel acts as though it has locked up, but it is actually doing something.

I was surprised because I've seen many of these movies, but couldn't guess them from the pictures. There were also a couple of movies (numbers 5 and 12) that I've never even heard of.

5 was easy...classic 80's parody comedy

TOP SECRET

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    If you want to cheat, you can go here to download an Excel add-in that will crack the password. You'll probably have to lower the security settings in Excel in order for it to work, but I've used this add-in several times with no issues. It does take about a minute on my computer to crack the password, but during that minute Excel acts as though it has locked up, but it is actually doing something.
    Hey, this actually sounds like something I'll use a lot. I've got a problem though, maybe I'm not reading the directions right... Is it supposed to tell me when/if it's succeeded?

It starts with image 1. I select the file to recover the password for (this movie sheet), then I get the results from image 2. Am I supposed to open the spreadsheet then, and be able to unprotect it?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Hey, this actually sounds like something I'll use a lot. I've got a problem though, maybe I'm not reading the directions right... Is it supposed to tell me when/if it's succeeded?
    Sorry, I should have linked directly to password.xla. Just save that file to your hard drive, then open it in Excel, and it will tell you that it has successfully installed. Then, without closing Excel, open the password-protected spreadsheet, then click Tools > Unprotect Sheet. At that point, it will take a minute, but it will eventually show a message stating that it has successfully cracked the password and unprotected the sheet. Then you'll be able to see the formulas in each of the cells.

You have to load the XLA file each time you launch Excel in order to take advantage of the new menu commands.

Then, without closing Excel, open the password-protected spreadsheet, then click Tools > Unprotect Sheet. At that point, it will take a minute, but it will eventually show a message stating that it has successfully cracked the password and unprotected the sheet. Then you'll be able to see the formulas in each of the cells.
    Then, at this point, do you have the password prompt open? This is where I'm at, with the box waiting for the password to be typed in. I'll wait for a while, and nothing. Then I'll hit enter, and it will tell me I've got the wrong password.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Then, at this point, do you have the password prompt open? This is where I'm at, with the box waiting for the password to be typed in. I'll wait for a while, and nothing. Then I'll hit enter, and it will tell me I've got the wrong password.
    You shouldn't even see the password prompt at all. The XLA add-in will add two new options directly to the bottom of the Tools menu: Unprotect Sheet and Unprotect Book. There are similar options that already exist in the Tools > Protection menu, but you can only use those if you already know the password.

It sounds like you used the Unprotect Sheet option in the Tools > Protection sub-menu, rather than the one at the bottom of the Tools menu. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure what Excel is trying to do on your machine. For what it's worth, I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003 SP2.

You shouldn't even see the password prompt at all. The XLA add-in will add two new options directly to the bottom of the Tools menu: Unprotect Sheet and Unprotect Book. There are similar options that already exist in the Tools > Protection menu, but you can only use those if you already know the password.
    Hey! There we go. I was still using the Tools/Protection/Unprotect Sheet path, and wasn't even paying attention to the new options. Thanks man! I'll use this on several applications now that are password protected!

Here's an idea... someone who has already cracked it just post the answers. Otherwise, it's a lot of work for someone as lazy as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Here's an idea... someone who has already cracked it just post the answers. Otherwise, it's a lot of work for someone as lazy as myself.
    Just PM me, you incredibly lazy bastard. Then I'll get you the answers.

we'll i can post up the 57 i got w/ out cheating...LOL

CHEATERS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    we'll i can post up the 57 i got w/ out cheating...LOL

CHEATERS!!!!!!
    I got all the way up to 12.

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    I HATE YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!
    it's driving me nuts!
    i got all of them but 3

i must get them all......Rrrrrrr!
    12 is About A Boy . One of the few I knew

I got only 23 myself, but with the help of my kids we are now up to 51 without cheating.

Man, this is a cool quiz. Thanks cowboy! If anybody wants to try their luck on another one, here it is: Invisible Movie Quiz 2