Thread: Who should host the next Oscars?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Who should host the next Oscars?

I have a friend who is the daughter of a very famous deceased actor (I won't name names) but she hosts a party every year for Oscar night at her Sundance home. The party was fine because the people that go are really fun and laid back, but the show was boring with a capital "B".

I say next year they should get the 4 comedians from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour to host the Oscars. The only highlight was the fact that Crash won for best picture. It was an awesome film. It was good to see Philip Seymour Hoffman win as well, but he should've won best supporting actor for his role as Dusty in the movie "Twister" years ago!!!!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DickHead
    Nobody. Awards shows for overpaid actors should just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Awards shows for overpaid actors should just go away.
    Agreed.....

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Agreed.....
    Back in Shakesphere's day, the material was better and the actor's literally acted for food....

Agreed.....
    I thought twice about posting this topic, but since Brokeback has been so prominent on here, I thought what the hell.

Speaking of overpaid people in the media, it doesn't stop sports activities every weekend - everything that features spoiled brat basketball, football and baseball players, to racing, hockey, etc...etc.... I won't even get started on no-talent rap stars and other recording artists. It's just a matter of what different people enjoy.

jmho

btw......It was basically meant as a jab at Hollywood by suggesting they use the foursome from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.......

I'm just happy Bareback Mountain didn't win best pic.....

Now, Now Ice. You need to get in touch with your sensitive side

Iceaxe's sensitive side....

What color is the sky in your world?

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Agreed.....
    I thought twice about posting this topic, but since Brokeback has been so prominent on here, I thought what the hell.
    I think Jon Stewart again, I mean, he's funnier than any tired act Hollywood could throw up there. They didn't even laugh at the guy's, "Hollywood is a moral blackhole, that's just what people are sayin'" joke. These actors need to take a chill pill, they're so disconnected it makes my head spin.

Five movies I'll likely see now, Syriana, Good Night and Good Luck, Crash (of course), Capote (I was seeing it this weekend), and now for sure, Brokeback, gay theme in all it looks to be a very, very good movie, plus most my movie going friends say its a must see...

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    now for sure, Brokeback, gay theme in all it looks to be a very, very good movie, plus most my movie going friends say its a must see...
    I'm still not even slightly interested. The more detail I learn about the movie, the more content I am at not seeing it. Uh oh, this could turn into another brokeback discussion.

But anyways, I've disconnected from a lot of things this year. I watched the Olympics 3 times and each time I saw Curling. Screw it!

I didn't watch the Oscars, but this isn't much of a change. I just realized that the top 5 movies nominated for everything did absolutely terrible at the Box Office (and all had a political message). Jon Stewart is a funny guy, but he's definitely political also. This year's ceremony was all about politics.

Most years, I'll watch it if I'm home, but this year I chose not to watch it 'cuz the whole thing seemed pretty stupid.

I think if Ron White hosted the show I'd piss myself from laughing so hard I can't look at the guy without busting up...I have to agree - IF I ever watched the thing - How about Rodney Carrington....now THAT would raise some eyebrows! - I like your style Savanna

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I think if Ron White hosted the show I'd piss myself from laughing so hard I can't look at the guy without busting up...I have to agree - IF I ever watched the thing - How about Rodney Carrington....now THAT would raise some eyebrows! - I like your style Savanna
    Ron White is one of the funniest modern comedians around, hands down.

Ron White is one of the funniest modern comedians around, hands down.
    I have to admit it...... if Ron White hosts the show I'll watch it

They call me "Tater Salad"

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Yep - I actually "stole" my quote from one of Ron White's routines. It's in the Tater Salad story, when he initially talks about getting thrown out of a NY bar and was told by a police officer that "he had the right to remain silent". He then grins at the camera and adds "I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."