Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your pet peeve?

What's your pet peeve?

What's your pet peeve?

I get really annoyed with people who can't drive, which is about half the drivers on the road. Knowing and understanding the drivers handbook should be a minimum requirement for a drivers licence.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

three things about Utah drivers drive me crazy; 1. not using turn signals to make a turn or change lanes, 2. treating a two way stop like a four way stop (thinking that you can turn left in front of someone because you got to the stop sign first), and 3. changing lanes in an intersection. All three are illegal but people do it all the time. Drives me crazy!
    scars are tattoos with better stories

To your poor drivers list how about we add:

Rolling through stop signs.
    Cruising in the fast lane.
    Speeding up when you attempt to pass.
    Swinging into the left lane on a right hand turn.
    Not allowing you to change lanes when you signal.
    Applying make-up while driving.
    Talking on a cell phone while driving.

And this is not just a Utah thing.... I've driven in many states and they are all just as bad.

As much as we (and by we, I mean me) complain about Utah drivers, you are right. Boston drivers are awful and Michigan drivers scare the heck out of me. Unfortunately, when I go back to Michigan I remember my driving roots. I go 65 right on the rear end of the car in front of me.

Have you ever seen a Boston right turn signal? They roll down the driver's window and point over the roof. I never believed that when friends would talk about driving in Boston until I was there on business and saw it for myself.

Toilet paper has got to go up over the top.
    Replace the damn roll if you use all of it.
    Turn off the water if you aren't using it.
    Put my stuff back where you found it.
    PEOPLE WHO ARE LATE, I can't stand waiting for someone.
    My empty glass at a restaurant.

I think I could go on and on.

Litter in the back country.

I get so mad at the crap people throw on the ground, nothing worse than finding a beautiful camping spot only to realize it's coated in broken glass, batteries in the fire ring, fish hooks and line, and is decorated with feces piles and my number one nemesis, the dirty diaper.

One time, I was picking up litter around the edge of a large (20+) group of picnickers, and I watched a lady float a freshly dirtied diaper down a creek, so I recovered the sopping diaper and dropped it in the middle of her blanket, in the middle of their picnic, and announced "You dropped this in the river, so I am returning it to you".

I almost started a shooting war with that one.

Donny- I applaud that one. I hope she thinks twice, three time, four times, etc. before doing that one again. Way to go!

Those little freakin' ketchup packets....I mean, who in the hell only uses one? Maybe 1% of the population. Why do they have to be so DAMN small??? I need 10 of them just for my fries! Not to mention, they are sometimes hard to open as well!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

I hate driver's who feel it's ok to go 60 (or more) on Wasatch when there is a freakin' highway a stone's throw away. It's dangerous.

I hate when waiters keep filling my water glass! Please wait til its nearly empty then refill it.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I hate waiting to get on a machine at the gym while someone is sitting there talking on a cell phone

Pretty much all of my pet peeves fall into one category - Laziness. I just don't understand people who just through their own laziness expect others to deal with their (non) actions.

Whether it is able bodied folks littering, not using turn signals, not putting away grocery carts, not replacing something they used the last of, not spending some time each week to clean up their lawns, etc, etc, etc it angers me!

Fun Haters!

Those people that do not like anything fun and do there best to keep those around them from having fun. :?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I hate driver's who feel it's ok to go 60 (or more) on Wasatch when there is a freakin' highway a stone's throw away. It's dangerous
    I see a lot of those 60 mph (or more) drivers pulled over when they reach the "hide out" area for the Sandy police. I have to add here that it's irritating to be out sight-seeing on the Alpine loop or wherever (speed limits are like 15 mph!) and someone gets on your bumper, or comes flying around a sharp curve doing 60. I mean, it's not like you're driving on a thoroughfare somewhere. If people are in a hurry to get somewhere, the Alpine Loop is not the road to use.

So, I have to agree that drivers here are not only frustrating, they are also rude a lot of the time. They even look at you funny when you are courteous to them in traffic (i.e.) letting someone merge ahead of you or such.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

people driving 3/4 ton 4x4's as though they have no less than 18 wheels. if i can learn to make sharp turns in a loaded 3 ton flatbed so can they.

people who can't keep track of the oncoming traffic and the left turn light at the same time. you know, when it's red for 10 seconds before they finally realize why everybody else has come to a stop.

loud people. lazy people. those proud of their ignorance. those whose needs and wants are determined by the marketing. people who complain about never getting out and having any fun but won't go out and do anything either.

People that drive diesel pickups just for the noise. I mean some guys have their wives drive them and they don't even have a hitch mounted. Nothing wrong with owning one if you NEED it for towing or something. But just to run to the store for a gallon of milk or a commuter is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by david staub
    3. changing lanes in an intersection. All three are illegal but people do it all the time.
    I grew up with the idea that this was illegal, but was recently told by someone who was told by a cop (yeah, I know it sounds fishy), that it isn't illegal after all to change lanes in an intersection in Utah. I haven't verified this, seems like windwalker would know since he is of that profession... Wind?

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    I grew up with the idea that this was illegal, but was recently told by someone who was told by a cop (yeah, I know it sounds fishy), that it isn't illegal after all to change lanes in an intersection in Utah. I haven't verified this, seems like windwalker would know since he is of that profession... Wind?
    I just search through the Utah Code and couldn't find a single mention of changing lanes at an intersection, but I'm certain I learned that it's illegal in my driver's education class (about 13 years ago).

Edit: The Utah Driver Handbook, on page 29 of the PDF, states "Do not pass or change lanes when approaching within 100 feet of crossing an intersection." Of course, that doesn't mean it's law...

- Tailgaters on the 11% grade coming down I-70 into Denver
    - Tailgaters anywhere
    - People doing work on the laptop while trying to drive the car (yes, I've seen it, today in fact!)
    - Lack of consideration. I see more of it in "adults" than kids too.
    - Have to second the trail litter one. Rarely do a hike where I don't pack out more than I packed in.

That's a start. I could go on...
    Don

"Think where man's glory begins and ends and say that my glory was that I had such friends." - Yeats

I also hate people that force me to tailgate..... get out of the freakin' way!!!! Drive in the slow lane with all the other retards.

Roads are NOT for sight-seeing, they are for drivin' on.

Them ain't turn signals..... them thar is challenge lights.....

I hate women that tell me NO because then I have to force myself onto them. Dammit just say YES, it will be easier for both of us.

I hate stupid M&%#$F&^%$# people - & people that can't make a decision...SOMEONE give me a hammer!