Thread: Old, beat up Camcorder WANTED!

Old, beat up Camcorder WANTED!

As you know, I have just purchased a helmet camera. My current camcorder is NOT compatible, so I have to borrow one temporarily.

I am looking for a Camcorder with an A/V "in" plug. Most Camcorders out there are A/V "out" only. But there's still plenty that have the "in".

Basically, if you can dub Audio/Video from an outside source, such as a VCR, DVD player, or even TV, you have A/V in. A/V out will only allow you to record your footage FROM your camera to the VCR or TV.

Your instruction manual will note if it is in, out, or both.

I would even like to buy a DAMAGED Camcorder, with a cracked lens, or broken viewfinder. I do not need these features with a helmet camera. With these problems, most people want to get rid of the machine anyways.

Thanks for your help, tell your friends and family.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dude, why don't you just dub it in Adobe Premier or something? Get it into digital format, then push a few buttons, make your hawt sexy voice heard and then burn a dvd?

Because he's not trying to dub it, he's trying to record footage from the helmet cam onto the camcorder.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

OK.... so does the helmet cam have A/V out? Or what does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    OK.... so does the helmet cam have A/V out? Or what does it have?
    The helmet cam is a camera lens only. It still needs a camcorder as the recording device, and specifically a camcorder with A/V in/out on it, and not just out.

Here's a thread I did describing my current helmet cam setup.
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2705

I dont' know much about analog technology anymore, but here is another option for you to think about. I am going to do this on my paddling helmet, or similiar to it:

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...758/index.html

I bought this camera for $270 at costco. The video can go for 30 mins I believe, then editing it is going to be a TON better than capturing analog to digital and then editing it. Let me know what you think.