Thread: Bear Attack

Bear Attack

Don't know if this is legit or not?

Check out this website containing more pics, careful 2nd page is quite graphic

http://mountainsurvival.com/news_art...earattack.html

The downloaded pictures are of a man who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear.

He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head.

The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.

Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild.

Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours including a missing hiker.

The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found.

Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (the Service ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely.

The bear killed the hiker an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the Forest Service worker.

Think about this:

If you are an average size man; You would be level with the bear's navel when he stood upright. The bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours! To give additional perspective, consider that this particular bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look over the roof, or walk up to a two story house and look in the bedroom windows.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I first saw those photos a few years ago. I think the story changes a little bit each year. I can especially remember the graphic ones. I forgot what the "real" story was.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

OH BROTHER!!

Those pics have been floating around the internet for years now, and the story changes every time they're republished. I've heard black bear stories, I've heard Grizzly bear stories, hell I have even seen guard dog stories (about that last pic - the gory one).

And about that last pic --- think about it. If that guy got killed by the largest Grizzly on earth, would that Grizzly bother eating the meat off of his leg like that? Probably not. A bear that size would crunch through the entire femur, bone and all. That guys leg looks like it was picked at by dogs, not devoured by the largest Grizzly bear on earth!

Another thing to consider is that bears typically eat the torso (internal organs) of an animal/human because that's where all the nutrients/calories are. They will rarely bother to pick the last scrap of meat off the bone like is depicted in the photo. That dead guy's torso wasn't even touched by whatever animal killed him.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.