Thread: Bryce Canyon Winter Teaser

Bryce Canyon Winter Teaser

Here are three photos from a Saturday hike along the Queen's Garden Trail in Bryce Canyon.

If you'd like to see the rest: http://community.webshots.com/user/weabruce
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Those pics are awesome - Rich and I are planning on heading down this winter. Where did you stay? Ruby's? Camp?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Great pictures Bruce from Bryce. I'll be over this week to do some cross country skiing. Any groomed trails out there these days? Is the snow melting? Save some for me!!

LJ

Treehugger - Unfortunately I actually live in Bryce Canyon; tough job but someone has to do it.

Bruce from Bryce Canyon

P.S. Ruby's Inn, Bryce Canyon Resort or a couple of motels down in Tropic are open.

Explorer,

Ruby's Inn has groomed trails. Within the park we have one trail but it is self-grooming. Not sure if anyone has been out to Paria this weekend.

Enjoy,

Bruce from Bryce

Great pictures. I really need to visit Bryce in winter.

I've been trying to get to Bryce Canyon for a couple of years now. Each time I'm down south, I end up Mtn Biking in St George. I really need to get there this year.

In fact... if I want to go to Bryce Canyon from St George, how long of drive is it? And which is the best road to take?

I'm wondering if it would be good to go out and back to Bryce, or if I should hit it on my way home from St George. I live in Ogden.

Sombeech - nice hairdoo!

I would stop by on the way home to Ogden. Just head through Zion then up Hwy 89 to Hwy 12. From there is it about 15 miles to the park.

The Queen's Garden Trail will take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete when it has snow on it. Good boots and a pole are definitely required should it get very icy.

Enjoy,

bruce from bryce

you LIVE there!! How cool!

Hey, what is the status on the snow? I believe we ended up not going last year because there wasnt much snow... I see in the pictures there is a ton, will that last most of the winter or melt off? Is the snow consistent? Obviously, we would call ahead first and check the conditions, but just curious what "the norm" is.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Not enough snow last year? We had over 100 inches!

Well today the temperatures have been in the mid to upper 30s so the roads have blackened up and the snow is melting some.

We're supposed to get 6-9 inches in the next 2-3 days. I'll continue to post updates.

Great time to be here - very few tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    Great time to be here - very few tourists.
    But if we come down won't we be tourists

And if it is tourist season,why the hell can't we shoot them?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    I would stop by on the way home to Ogden. Just head through Zion then up Hwy 89 to Hwy 12. From there is it about 15 miles to the park.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

testing to see if my photo came out.

We've penciled in March 3-5 (depending on the snow conditions) to come down and ski - if you think about it (I'll remind ya) perhaps I could get a snow report that week. How nice to have a "connection" :-)