Thread: Personal Trainer

Superriffic S*

Personal Trainer

...?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Personal Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Superriffic S*
    What kind of training do you go through to prepare yourself for summer fun i.e. hanging out by the pool (thats mostly what I do), hiking, biking, canyoneering, etc...?
    I usually lie on the couch, drink beer and watch football.

In the winter I stay in shape by backcountry skiing and resort skiing mainly on weekends. In the spring/summer/fall I stay in shape by mountain biking, after work and on weekends. I have never belonged to a gym, I mostly do weights at home in the in-between seasons (when fall goes to winter, and winter goes to spring). I think one sport helps out with the other sport - I have to bike to get ready for skiing, and ski to get ready for biking! I should really be more consistant with my strength training though to keep up bone mass.

Way to go on your weight loss success!

I am trying to get an early start this year. I have been running on my treadmill every morning (6AM) for 3 weeks now. Then I meet 2-3 nights or mornings and play b-ball. I have really enjoyed the b-ball, but the lonely cold morning in the basement SUCK!!

Then I switched to the lean cuisine diet for lunches. It has been making a big difference and I feel great!

Gosh.... you guys are making me feel guilty about my exercise program.....

.....guess its time for anther beer

Summer I try to head to the mountains after work and either run or hike quick up a steep trail (the waterfall in Bells Canyon or Broads Fork are good short steep trails) sometimes with a 15-20 lb. pack to stay in shape. Do it once or twice a week. Winter it's usually just 20 min on the treadmill 3 times a week. Doesn't take much time or effort but makes a huge difference.

Eric.

I have been seeing a personal trainer 3 times a week for the last month and a half and have lost about 15 pounds.
    Did you hire your personal trainer through a local gym? If so what gym? If not where? How much does that cost? If you don't mind me asking

James

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Gosh.... you guys are making me feel guilty about my exercise program.....

.....guess its time for anther beer
    Hysterical! LOL!

On a totally hysterical side note, I lift weights before beach vacations...

Superriffic S*

I have been seeing a personal trainer 3 times a week for the last month and a half and have lost about 15 pounds. I am getting primed and pumped for this canyoneering season! What kind of training do you go through to prepare yourself for summer fun i.e. hanging out by the pool (thats mostly what I do), hiking, biking, canyoneering, etc...?
    since i moved in usa i got 12 extra pounds and doing exercise just built muscles and does not make me to loose any weight damm it
    which exercises you do to loose weight?

Quote Originally Posted by hesse15
    since i moved in usa i got 12 extra pounds and doing exercise just built muscles and does not make me to loose any weight damm it
    My wifey runs like crazy, its the only way she lost her two baby's weight... She's now at her running like crazy prepregnancy weight before we had our 6 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    My wifey runs like crazy, its the only way she lost her two baby's weight... She's now at her running like crazy prepregnancy weight before we had our 6 year old.
    i have to try
    i am not a big fun of running but ia mkind off desperate
    since i am back (1 week) i did not have any glass of beer yet,worry about the calories!!!

Why worry so much about weight? I think most people should be concerned with shape and proportion, and also cardiovascular fitness, rather than weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Why worry so much about weight? I think most people should be concerned with shape and proportion, and also cardiovascular fitness, rather than weight.
    i am italian
    we are fashion look addicted

The trainers are scaled in price depending on how many times you go per week. Ranging from $50 a session to $25 a session.
    So you spend over $75 bucks a week just on a trainer. That's like $300 bucks a month! My car payment is only $280/month with insurance. Looks like I found yet another reason to stay fat forever.

James

Superriffic S*

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    I'm constantly telling this to my wife, she's trying to hit some sort of number. she looks really, really proportioned with no real extra flab, for crissakes she fit in her size 6 7's on Sunday.... anything smaller on her looks unhealthy.

I have been trying to get in shape to make a calendar for my husband for about a year now and could never truly find the motivation to do it. Now, I have found it. ... so I am taking the extra cash that I am making from this and putting it to good use; i.e. a personal trainer for S*!
    That's cool, more power to ya! I am sure your husband will enjoy the pictures no matter how much weight you lose. Even though that is a lot of $, I am just using that as an excuse to not start exercising. If I ran the numbers I am sure I spend close to that a week on eating out at non-healthy restaurants.

I need to get my bike out of the garage.

James

No matter what I do I only move 10# up or down the scale, probably because I work in a mine... I average 5 to 8 miles a day hiking with hardhat & utility belt(30#)& safety boots....in the dark. In the winter I hit the Rec center & ride stationary 20+ minutes, then weights for an hour or so then back on the elliptical runner or stairmaster...3 or 4 days a week. Then when someone wants to go to St George or Moab to ride in the spring I start to train a bit more often. It's not as impressive as it sounds - I spend just as much time in the sauna or steam room as I do working out....got to keep up with the young bucks I guess