Thread: When/where is your next trip?

When/where is your next trip?

So what's on everyone's list?

Where ya going next?

February - I have to decide by Friday whether or not I want to do the yurt trip again this President's Day Weekend. My hubby is going for sure but I think it's going to be a big sausage fest.

March - Maybe a little mountain biking in St. George?

June - Brother in law from NY is coming out and has requested to see the Grand Canyon.

That's all I know so far for this year. I surely hope more will be added to that list!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

"sausage fest"....Ewww, something about that phrase...

in 3 weeks my wife and i are going to Peru for some backpacking...does that count?

That surely counts Marc!

Do you have some online photos of where you'll be going? That sounds amazing.

It looks like my old place is officially sold. I can't just pick up a check for $15K and not celebrate in some form or another. Unfortunately, it seems I only have one friend going anywhere next month: St. George for the first 200 mile cycling weekend of the season.

I'm taking both a road and mountain bike to the Skinny Tire Festival in March and I'm still unsure if anyone is going to claim the other half of my hotel room. I want to do the Top of The World or Fisher Mesa this time along with the road ride out to Dead Horse Point.

May? June? July? too far out to plan. The rents want me to join them on an Alaskan Cruise in August, but they are really uptight about me having a double cabin and bringing a friend who is likely to be of the opposite sex. Maybe I should invite a gay black man along to really cross their hyper-conservative ideals up.

DickHead
    Next Saturday (Jan 28th): Out in the desert to kill some tin cans (shooting)
    March: Fishing the Green river. Check the fishing forum if anyone is interested
    April: Visit the Outlaws in Indiana. Someone please kill me....
    August: Disney World with the childrens

6 weeks of paid vacation this year...

...means lots of road trips with the bikes and backpacks. Tentative plans:

February: Bootleg Canyon with the bikes
    March: Moab trip with bikes
    April: Fruita with bikes
    July: Family camping trip
    August: Climb King's Peak w/teenage son

and more to come.
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Going to Cali this weekend to see my bro.

Feb- Somewhere in the Grand Staircase over Presidents day. Maybe Spooky, Peakaboo and Brimstone. Or something off the Cottonwood Road in the Cockscomb. (any suggestions?)

Mar- Back to Coyote Gulch.

April, May- still working on them

June- Maybe Zion Narrows

July- Hopefully back through Death Hollow.

James

Flying into St. George from SL on Friday, staying til Monday. My wife's Dad lives down there and has a ranch and horses, needless to say he's got favorite Grandpa status with my 6 and 3 year old boys.

Mesquite Gamblin on Friday
    Hiking on Zion on Sat
    Lazin around with the Horses Sunday or maybe some golf
    Golfing Monday morning with the FIL

Should be pretty fun.

oh and in the evenings, beating everyone down in Settlers of Ghatan...

Hopefully a canyon trip first weekend in Feb.

Spring Break (March) a week of backpacking, or canyons, or both depending who comes along.

Whenever easter weekend is I'll probably go down for a couple days of Jeep Safari in Moab.

In May I have a week off between Spring and Summer semesters so another week backpacking or canyons or something, I don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Feb- Somewhere in the Grand Staircase over Presidents day. Maybe Spooky, Peakaboo and Brimstone. Or something off the Cottonwood Road in the Cockscomb. (any suggestions?)

James
    Hey James_B, I'll be in the same area that weekend with some friends. Hope the weather holds up and maybe we'll run into you all!

LJ

Pheasant hunting and ice climbing this weekend

Probably try to pack in as much ice climbing as I can before the ice melts. Then once it's gone, it's on to canyoneering!

Shane, you free for ice climbing any of these weekends?

The only thing that I have planned w/ specific date is a trip to Las Vegas to judge at an art show (it's a hobby-related thing) the first weekend of March.

Other hopes and dreams for this spring and summer:

Feb: would like to do a snowshoeing trip in Flag if they ever get any snow up there....I have to go up mid-month to work a day anyway.

Mar: dayhikes in the Grand Canyon, weather permitting, and whenever I get a wild hair up my ass.

April: a trip to Rocky Point w/ group of friends. Will involve lots of tequilla, limes, beer, fresh seafood and tortillas - what else do you need? Plus maybe some fishing and/or sea kayaking, if we're not too drunk. Hopefully at least one Canyon backpacking trip

May: another Canyon backpacking trip, I hope. Maybe go to CO and run the 10K Bolder Boulder, in honor of my best friend/hiking partner/backpacking partner Tony, who I lost last Memorial Day weekend to suicide

June: A Zion trip, fer sure! And do something to ring in my 40th birthday (Jesus - I'm gettin' friggin OLD!).

July: go to wedding of friend.

These are optimistic plans, but this is also the reason I am self-employed and have a flexible schedule.

SJ
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

I could do some ice climbing just about any weekend. Just give me a little warning.

I usually start hitting the canyons pretty heavy in about February.

5 minutes from now, the state liquor store.

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    5 minutes from now, the state liquor store.
    YOU DA MAN! I had my wife restock this afternoon cause she had the day off....

I just found out that my FIL and my wife are flying to LA on Saturday afternoon to visit her sister and her new baby she's having (wife works for United and we fly for free). I get to stay with my 6 and 3 year old while they fly in and out back to St. George and cruise around in my FIL's sweet Dodge Cummings diesel Truck. I might take them up through Zion, its party time with my boys!

I'm leaving for Key west in two weeks and spending a week in the area, I will just hit the liquor store when I am there

Not much going on this summer as my husband is in the throes of Ironman training...

June - Ironman Cour d'Alene

July - backpacking the Cascade Mountains to the Enchantment Lakes.

August - Michigan, to backpack the Porkies, race the Ore to Shore and visit family and friends.

Plus various and sundry weekend jaunts to Fruita, St. George, etc. to ride.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I bought more vacation this year just so I could road trip and hit Fruita, Moab, Deer Valley, Gooseberry Mesa & Virgin area.
    FEB - St George
    APR- Jeep Safari
    MAY- Fruita
    JUNE - DeerValley
    JULY - Tetons & Family campout...inlaws...oh brother!
    AUG - Bloody Scout camp & Powell Plunge River Festival
    SEPT - Interbike!
    .....hows that for a plan