Thread: MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK

MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK

Just wondering if you guys know about the new race track being built in Tooele. This will be the countries premier road race facility when its complete. Its outstanding that Utah is getting a racing complex like this. I know I'll be attending a few races when they open. They already have some of the best racing series in the country schedule for 2006. And I'll make one suggestion.... If you have never seen motorcycles on a road circuit I suggest you hit the June 16-18 races. I promise you will not be disappointed.

MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK
    http://www.millermotorsportspark.com

OVERVIEW

The design philosophy of Miller Motorsports Park has led to the creation of a national standard for road racing and karting which is equal or superior to any existing North American facility, and which attracts a high level of enthusiast participation by competitors and non-competitors alike. Miller Motorsports Park features exceptional corporate facilities designed to attract sponsors and corporate involvement in a wide range of activities, both on and off the track.

From the outset, Miller Motorsports Park has been conceived as a major national road race event center intended to attract premier racing events to Utah and the greater Salt Lake market.

THE RACE TRACK

The road course is a 4.5 mile long, 40-50 foot wide, 24-turn layout that provides a variety of cornering speeds, from 50 mph to well over 100 mph. The fastest cars and motorcycles will approach 200 miles per hour on the track's 50 foot wide, 3500 foot main straight.

The course has four possible configurations. The 2.24 mile East course is a highly technical challenge suited to lower-powered, better-handling cars and motorcycles, while the 2.2 mile West course is fitting for higher-powered, larger cars and motorcycles.

The East course has as many as seven major overtaking areas, and 14 corners, including the three-turn esses, which have significant elevation changes. The feature corner on the East course is the final turn, a 50 foot-wide, 9

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MMP is an awesome track. I was out there on my bike a few weekends ago with my gf. Here's a couple of pics. I'm on the red/black bike and the girlfriend is on the yellow one.

Sorry about the quality and watermarks. I've ordered the pics from the photographer but haven't received them yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Welcome to the site bro. What ya riding? My guess is Honda CBR's??? I don't think I can get that low on my BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Welcome to the site bro. What ya riding? My guess is Honda CBR's??? I don't think I can get that low on my BMW.
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm riding an old Yamaha R6 and she's on a Suzuki SV650.

Oh btw, I'm not sure if you can tell on the 2 pics of me, but I have a video camera mounted on the gas tank of my bike. I haven't transfered the video to my computer yet, but once I do would anyone be intested in seeing a few laps around the track out there?

Quote Originally Posted by mra243
    would anyone be intested in seeing a few laps around the track out there?

Yeah baby.... post a lap, preferably the one where your Girlfriend passes you

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by mra243
    would anyone be intested in seeing a few laps around the track out there?

Yeah baby.... post a lap, preferably the one where your Girlfriend passes you

I would love to have some video of that, unfortunately it didn't happen. Since she's only been riding for about a year and this was her first time on a track, she did an awesome job out there though.

I'll try and get some video up in the next week or so.

SWEET video!!!