Thread: Sounded like a flat tire!!

Sounded like a flat tire!!

Yuck!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

YUCK IS RIGHT!

BBQ Snake

I caught a cat in my fan belt once. It made a terrible mess. Worst part was the 6 and 9 y/o boys who owned the cat seen what happened. The cat wasn't dead, just ripped in half and I had to shoot the cat.

I have to say I was really impressed with the 9 y/o. He sent his brother home, helped me shot the cat and then burry him. This was 25 years ago and to this day I still think about what a man that little boy was on that day.

That really sucks, both for you and snakey.

I like snakes. A lot.

That one looks like a Burmese python.

Did that happen in Utah?

It didn't happen to me. A friend sent it in an email.

Again YUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    It didn't happen to me. A friend sent it in an email.

Again YUCK!!!
    Oh okay, that makes sense, I only wondered because at our current temps that snake wouldn't make it very far at all, it wouldn't even leave the house, a tropical critter would know better.

The car in that pick has Missouri plates, a python might do okay there on it's own, if it finds a warm place to winter that doesn't involve moving parts.

Straying off topic here: I lost a boa in my house for a year, I saw signs, I knew he was still there somewhere at one time, but I figured he must have died at some point.

A year later I found him five feet from the tank he escaped from, skinny and sassy, but very much alive.

I'm glad he stayed out of the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I caught a cat in my fan belt once. It made a terrible mess. Worst part was the 6 and 9 y/o boys who owned the cat seen what happened. The cat wasn't dead, just ripped in half and I had to shoot the cat.
    Seriously, how long does half a cat live? Long enough to get a gun? To dig a hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I have to say I was really impressed with the 9 y/o. He sent his brother home, helped me shot the cat and then bury him. This was 25 years ago and to this day I still think about what a man that little boy was on that day.
    Not a good man, considering he was the one that probably put the cat in the road

Cat would have died.....
    sssssslllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwllllllyyyyyy

It wasn't the kids fault. The cat had climbed on top of my engine block because it was warm. When I started the car the cat tried to jump down, through the fan belts. This is actually pretty common. I know a couple folks who got cats this way. First time I heard of a snake getting the chop from a fan belt.

never had that happen but I did wrap a deer around the front of my car so hard that it blew snot all the way down the side of the car...sent it flipping endoverend across the highway- I never saw it land...bad news for the car too.

I think the worst thing was out biking one day just outside of town along the UP rail road and coming across half a dog....eewwww.