Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5.10 Canyoneers? Likes, dislikes, advice

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Canyoneer Update

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Just a quick update on the Five-Ten Canyoneer 2. Latest word is they will be released late Spring of 2007.

The Canyoneer 2 is supposed to replace the current Canyoneer and was orginally slated for an early 2006 release. The release date keeps sliding so we can only hope the Spring 2007 date actually happens.

I believe one big problem is if Five-Ten misses a production run they have to reschedule. The Canyoneers are only produced during small production runs.
    Latest word is they will be out about April 1st. No joke, I hope. They looked around for plastic buckles that would work, but did not find one. Back to the same brass buckles. Better sole and support. Pretty much the same shoe, but built completely differently.

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Will 5.10 Canyoneers be avaiable through Canyoneering USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Will 5.10 Canyoneers be avaiable through Canyoneering USA?
    I'm now on the Sportiva Team, and cannot put out the green for more than one shoe, so - no. But thanks for asking.

T

not to mention the space for an additional run of shoes...lol

So this is officially it then?

i think that was proposed as of spring 05.

I've been using the five ten prodigy as my canyoneering shoe, it also shared the same sole as the insight , but its a little lighter. still takes forever to dry out.

The grip and sole on these is incredible and i felt it was almost better when wet. seem to be wearing pretty quick but i was using them under the most rigorous circumstances, grippy wet sandwtone, lots of smearing and grinding.

Anyway I give them three thumbs up for both canyoneering and generall duty grippy light hiking shoe.

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/pr...1%204294967293
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    So this is officially it then?

No, that's the old one, with a color change.

The new one looks like the prodigy, with the ankle wrap and the plastic straps.

Tom

I've been using the five ten prodigy as my canyoneering shoe, it also shared the same sole as the insight , but its a little lighter. still takes forever to dry out.

The grip and sole on these is incredible and i felt it was almost better when wet. seem to be wearing pretty quick but i was using them under the most rigorous circumstances, grippy wet sandwtone, lots of smearing and grinding.

Anyway I give them three thumbs up for both canyoneering and generall duty grippy light hiking shoe.
    I'd second that. i've been using the Insight. Love the shoe. The sole is wearing out pretty quick though, since it's softer rubber. I've ended up only wearing them for canyoneering, climbing and caving, when I need the stickiness the most, and use somethign else for hiking etc.

Is the Five-Ten Canyoneer 2 finally available?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/24642398/c/108060.html

I am cross posting this link from anther thread to keep all the Five-Ten stuff together. Here is the deal..... Zappos has the Canyoneer 2 offered for sale, but only in a couple of sizes. I have no clue what the deal is. I'm thinking this might be a small batch of shoes from a pre-production run or something. Maybe these are really first generation shoes that are mis-marked as 2nd gen?

Anyhoo.... the 5.10's have been hard to get for the last couple of years and those who like the shoe will probably be happy with whatever they can get their hands on. The Five-Tens are a very popular.

If someone orders a pair of these please keep us posted as to what arrives on your doorstep.

Shane

Your last posted picture is what arrived at my doorstep about 3 weeks ago.

Bruce

Nice.... looks like you got the 2's. Did you get them from Zappos?

Looks like I'm out of luck cause I wear a 10.

Unless I'm going to the bar then I always wear size 15's.

Bruce,
    did you have to up size the 2, like the older ones?

what size did you get versus what you wear?

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    Bruce,
    did you have to up size the 2, like the older ones?

what size did you get versus what you wear?
    good question!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I just ordered a pair, should be here tomorrow or Saturday. If any SLC people wanna look at them, you are welcome to come by... once I get them.

Let us know how the size works. I had to take the insole out to wear a neo sock. I should have gone one size bigger with the old 5-10's.
    Life is Good

I bought the 10.5 size, I usually wear around 10. I will do a full TR on the shoe once it gets here.

They are directly from 5.10 on a warrenty exchange. I held out until the new ones came in. Been waiting for over a year. I haven't even tried them on. I wear a 11 street size, but 12 in 5.10.

I'll try them out in a week or two in some tight slots and see how they hold up.

Bruce

I called a local shop (Springdale) and they're getting their new shipment the first week of April, these will be the second generation.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

I recieved these on the 3-22. I wear a size 7 hiking shoe. So I went with the size 7 canyoneer 2 and they fit great with a neoprene sock. I walked up ferguson canyon about a mile and was impressed with the comfort and support of these shoes.