Thread: I could get in trouble for this one...

I could get in trouble for this one...

Talking Rabbits!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dang.... tell me next time you go bunny hunting. Looks like you have the perfect spot.

Awesome pic. That was indeed a very successful day.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I always wonder why hunting is called a sport. I mean, if the animals had guns to shoot back, then may it could be called a sport?

I grew up all around fishermen and hunters. Most of the men in my family and their friends are all avid hunters, but they truly do use the meat from their kill. I don't necessarily like it, (I'd rather go to the grocery where the steaks just magically appear!) but just as long as the hunter actually uses the meat and doesn't just hunt for the sake of pure killing. jmo
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Hey Sombeech.... send that in to PETA

Post the response.

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    I always wonder why hunting is called a sport. I mean, if the animals had guns to shoot back, then may it could be called a sport?

I grew up all around fishermen and hunters. Most of the men in my family and their friends are all avid hunters, but they truly do use the meat from their kill. I don't necessarily like it, (I'd rather go to the grocery where the steaks just magically appear!) but just as long as the hunter actually uses the meat and doesn't just hunt for the sake of pure killing. jmo
    I agree with you on this. However, there is a reason why the Forest Service or the Department of Fish and Game doesn't regulate the hunting of jackrabbits -- it's because jacks are considered vermin. They overpopulate, and spread disease.

And don't worry about the meat going to waste -- in about a week every coyote from four different counties will converge and enjoy a nice tasty rabbit dinner.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    it's because jacks are considered vermin. They overpopulate, and spread disease.

And don't worry about the meat going to waste -- in about a week every coyote from four different counties will converge and enjoy a nice tasty rabbit dinner.
    This is true. It's actually better for most animals if we hunt vermin like rabbits, racoons, and others. Disease is huge. Some organizations will even reward you for the number of rabbit pelts you turn in. I know for a fact that farmers will pay you for hunting racoons.

Even Fox. They eat the eggs, and younglings of desired animals. Foxes may be cute, but they are a nuisance for a lot of species.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Hey Sombeech.... send that in to PETA

Post the response.
    Waiting...