Thread: Almost 300 members!

Almost 300 members!

Wow, I joined uutah.com on July 15th, 2005 (thanks to Sombeech), and I was the 101st member, and since then, almost 200 members have joined. It looks like (late) november, and december were the most productive. This place is really growing. Aren't you a proud papa accadacca?

I wonder how many names are valid, and not some sort of spam, or other BS? The reason I say so, is that you don't really see anywhere close to one quarter of 300 that ever post. Plus, a lot of the names have "0" posts. Plus, Sombeech brought up the fact that utahmountainbiking.com had a lot of funky subscriber names, or something of that sort a couple months ago.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Almost 300 members!

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Wow, I joined uutah.com on July 15th, 2005 (thanks to Sombeech), and I was the 101st member, and since then, almost 200 members have joined. It looks like (late) november, and december were the most productive. This place is really growing. Aren't you a proud papa accadacca?

I wonder how many names are valid, and not some sort of spam, or other BS? The reason I say so, is that you don't really see anywhere close to one quarter of 300 that ever post. Plus, a lot of the names have "0" posts. Plus, Sombeech brought up the fact that utahmountainbiking.com had a lot of funky subscriber names, or something of that sort a couple months ago.
    Booyah!

As for the "fake" members, we would only have 2 at the most. We've been erasing them from the list as we've seen them (I think). You can tell by the website they put in their profile, like a poker site, or some kind of "web sock" program that hides your IP address.

As for UMB.com, they've got a ton of fakes. About 270 of their last 300 members were fake accounts. Not to bash that forum, because I still visit it also, and they've still got a huge library of trails that I hope we can accomplish someday. They've got a ton of knowledge and resources over there, but I think there's some cool features over here, like uploading other things besides the pictures (which they have now).

The growth here? I can hardly take the credit lately. IceAxe is the man! Teaming up with climb-utah was the key there, and it's winter! This summer's gonna be crazy.

Accadacca sez we've probably got an average of 30 posts a day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    As for the "fake" members, we would only have 2 at the most. We've been erasing them from the list as we've seen them (I think).
    I'm sort of a fake member with the hope to make this place funny....

Thank you,

Dirk Hammergate

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    I'm sort of a fake member with the hope to make this place funny....

Thank you,

Dirk Hammergate
    Oh and please don't erase Hammergate's member id....

Thank you,

Dirk Hammergate

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Oh and please don't erase Hammergate's member id....
    We're working on it as we speak. For some reason, your avatar has burned itself into the server's permanent memory, and we have to fly in a team from Argentina to help us out.

The reason I say so, is that you don't really see anywhere close to one quarter of 300 that ever post. Plus, a lot of the names have "0" posts.
    Even if you don't post and just want to enjoy life as a lurker this site pays big dividends to register. If you are a registered user the forum software keeps track of the threads and messages that you have already looked at and flags any new messages or threads since your last visit.

Registering makes visiting the site nice because you can spend all your time with new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Registering makes visiting the site nice because you can spend all your time with new stuff
    That's true. I know about 30 people who say they visit this site, but are not members.

Why? Well, some aren't that good with computers. Trust me, as the "computer guy" at work, I'm dealing with them all the time.

But when they don't log on, they can hardly tell when new info is being posted. It's all the same grey icons.

We're working on it as we speak. For some reason, your avatar has burned itself into the server's permanent memory, and we have to fly in a team from Argentina to help us out.
    LOL! Nice, Hammergate lives another day!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    The reason I say so, is that you don't really see anywhere close to one quarter of 300 that ever post. Plus, a lot of the names have "0" posts.
    Even if you don't post and just want to enjoy life as a lurker this site pays big dividends to register. If you are a registered user the forum software keeps track of the threads and messages that you have already looked at and flags any new messages or threads since your last visit.

Yeah, true, many are lurkers, and that is cool. Maybe I should have worded my post differently. I was just pretty much talking about how it was mentioned that utahmountainbiking.com had a lot of fake ids. I guess accadacca, sombeech, and their Argentine team are on top of it.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

#300 just entered the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    #300 just entered the arena.

let's get "thesnail" to intro him/herself in the Newbies section. Then, for being the 300th member, let's all give a warm welcome.

Yeepee!!!

We just hit 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the "fake" members, we would only have 2 at the most. You can tell by the website they put in their profile, like a poker site, or some kind of "web sock" program that hides your IP address.
    I may have found some more fakes. reviews_poker, asap_ebooks, and cash_cow_poker.

They all joined at the same time, so most likely from the same source. Everybody should PM them and get them to introduce themselves . Do that, and watch their eyes turn into $dollar$ signs like on the cartoons. Say something like "wow, I really like your website! Teach me more!"

Oh well, take away those three, and we're still over 300.