Thread: Mine Tragedy - Alive??? Dead???

Mine Tragedy - Alive??? Dead???

This was a joke....perhaps one of the biggest fubars ever. Last night I was watching the story unfold on CNN. They are saying that 12 have been found ALIVE. The church bells are ringing and people are saying praise the lord, its a miracle.

Well, we all know the story now. I get home tonight and turn on CNN. The headline says 12 DEAD and one alive??? I did a double take and huh, huh, huh?

What a disaster within a disaster. #$%@! $%&@! #%$&! I just cant imagine........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, even the newspapers TODAY were half and half. I think Deseret said they were alive today. oops.

Ya. Whoops! Here's the initial report by the Associated Press:

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635173679,00.html
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah, we talked about it in the mine today too and the mine rescue team sounds like dropped the communication ball cause the actual rescue people who would have found the miners wouldnt have made that mistake....doubly bad since MSHA would have a 'K' order in effect, which would put MSHA in complete control...federal guys - you don't want to be the one who screwed that one up!

Welcome to todays journalism..... most the reporters don't do any really reporting anymore..... they just copy each others stories. And once an error slips in it just snowballs.

And to have things bad enough that you have to decide to barricade - that is a LAST resort effort to stay alive. Once you put up that barrier you don't take it down. Years ago the machine used to bore the hole down for air and rescue was so accurate that it got a guy in the barricade. I don't mean to paint a morbid picture but for me being a seasoned miner it hit home with alot of my friends underground.

They did say that the safety record of this mine is rather suspect. So what your saying greyhair, is that their practices are just that?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    They did say that the safety record of this mine is rather suspect. So what your saying greyhair, is that their practices are just that?
    in italians news they said that the area was very poor and the mine company to low the costs did not take care odf safety
    so there were a lot of record of prostesting before about safety.
    can also being an accident but ifthere were mine owner that to earn more money they cause this to happens is really really sad
    taking advantage of people that are poor is not something i will think will sound right in usa is just too sick to accept that

It's 'my opinion' that they are suspect and for good reason if their own mine rescue team boched the job. I'm just glad I'm not the one that had to tell the families the news. Our own mine rescue teams are very well trained and have taken many national competitions over the years. I would'nt want anyone else coming into the mine to save my butt! Miners are usually a close knit group because we have to rely on each other daily for our lives so events like these hit the entire mining industry, not just one mine.