Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brent & Mike Trail -- Green River, WY

Brent & Mike Trail -- Green River, WY

Courtesy of greyhair biker. More info on Green River, Wyoming trails at http://balder.prohosting.com/greyhair/

The Brent & Mike Trail
    Trail Type: Singletrack
    Configuration: Out and Back
    Length: 6 Miles
    Trail by: Wade Liedtke

Directions: The dirt access road on the Southeast end of town is the entrance road to FMC Park. Follow the dirt road across the bridge of the Green River making your way South then East again past the red archery barn in Scotts Bottoms Nature Area. Head up the road East for about 2 miles past the turn off to the shooting range to the trailhead on the left of the dirt road.

This well defined ATV trail quickly turns into singletrack and meanders its way up the North side of the valley then across to the South side up and around the ridge. Next, the intermediate section of single track winds its way around several ridges to an overlook at which point you can turn around for an excellent out and back ride to your vehicle at the trailhead & back to town.

Contact the Green River Chamber of Commerce for trail guide info or Greyhair Bike Repair at 307-875-1445, e-mail: wcliedtke@msn.com

Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Probably the best singletrack yet developed. The pictures don't even begin to do it justice! There are tight sections that will test your balance and endurance. The trail can now be done as a complete loop. Wind up the well used portion of the trail and after a few miles you reach the 'advanced' section which is pure unadulterated single track droping rock shelves and winding around cliff edges through sagebrush and cactus and the occasional juniper area.

Just went out on this one today -50+ degrees - first time of the season as it turns out 'cause mine were the first bike tracks on the trail...still an amazing trail! I got up to the juniper line and hit mud & snowpack but backtracked & dropped down to the new stuff a mile back or so...trail needs some seasonal work like replacement of some cairns but is otherwise is good shape. Someone tried it on a motorcycle & tore up part of the trail but we can fix that ( the snow stopped them) Back along the rock shelf area I chased up a herd of deer crossing my path but no badgers yet...no snakes yet either - too early for a few months yet.

Cool. It's good to get out after this flippin' snow! I'm hoping to ride somewhere monday or tuesday.

Looks like it would be fun to take a .22 along with you on the ride. Any rabbit or praire dogs running across your path?

Yes cool! The shooting range is along the way to the trailhead..within a half mile and the riding in the area is easy to get to. I pack my 9mm on the bike regularly in the summer - not always at the range, in fact I usually will ride a bit to get the heartrate up & then target practice a bit to see how accurate I am...you can actually DO that here in Wyoming - the antelope out number the people and the varmits are EVERYWHERE!

cool pictures. Looks like a wicked place to ride. Wish I lived in a place like that.

I would like to come up there and ride that trail with you sometime, I'll get a place to stay and ride it looks awesome!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Alright, lets get a date for sometime in September when I can come ride in your neck of the woods. Looks like it will be fun and maybee I will have a new bike by then!!

I have the weekend of the 14 & 15 off OR I have from the 24th through the end of the month of Sept off too...was planning on hitting Moab the end of Sept but that fell through so I am open for most anything

I'm gonna try to ride this again tomorrow morning with some guys...that is, if the trail dried out any from todays' rainstorm...I'll try to get some pics.

this trail is sikk! i rode it last year.
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Ok - here are a couple from this mornings' ride:
    -too wet to take most of the shots so I'll try again when it dries up.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Very nice, I would like to come up in Sept to ride it with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Very nice, I would like to come up in Sept to ride it with ya.
    All we have to do is figure out a day I am off the 13,14,15 and I wake up from graves around noon on the 22. Any other days and we'd have to see how it'll play. Let me know

Excellent sunset pic!