Thread: xcskiing at Sundance

xcskiing at Sundance

Just a heads up - Sundance ROCKS.

This is the most beautiful xcskiing venue I've found around here - the trails are awesome and the scenery is great - classic and skate, both are excellent. Plus, the people that work there are way cool - super nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. They have a really big selection of rental gear, too, if you need it. If you havent been there, you should definately check it out.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What is the terrain like? Do I want to take the wider skis with metal edges or the faster ones?

The terrain is pretty varied, with lots of looong hills on the blue loops - I suppose it would depend on how good a skier you are and how well you do going downhill. The green loops are very gentle and even flat in places, but the blues and blacks are pretty hilly and even downright steep here and there. I might be a bit over my head on the blacks but the blues were much fun.

I hope that helps!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Sounds like it's mostly groomed. Skinny boards for speed!
    Don

"Think where man's glory begins and ends and say that my glory was that I had such friends." - Yeats

Here are a few pics - I didnt take too many, these are on the green routes, although, I think the portrait one with the mountain in the back is one of the long downhills on a blue loop (it doesnt look steep but it's long and picks up a good deal of speed and then turns sharply).
    Attached Images Attached Images    

As always, TreeHugger brings us great pics

Thanks!
    Don

"Think where man's glory begins and ends and say that my glory was that I had such friends." - Yeats

Thank you! :D

$11 for a full day.

Not bad compared to White Pine, Solitude or Soldier Hollow which are all $18. Although, Mountain Dell golf course is $5.

I'm headed up Stump Hollow in Logan Canyon this weekend. There will probably be about ten of us. 8 on shoes, 2 on skis, but that's just a guess. It requires edges and a few telemark turns, but actual telemark skis are way too much. Cost: $0, Grooming: none, 6-8 hours outside of the house: priceless.

I have a hard time getting myself to pay for skiing when I can do it for free.