Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darwin Award audition

Darwin Award audition

Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Which is precisely why I don't own a gun
    scars are tattoos with better stories

Because you'd try to shoot a beer off someone's head?

I don't think its the gun.... I'm guessing these guys would make better decisions without the alcohol.

those are the kinds of guys who wear t-shirts that say "guns don't kill people, I kill people"

Actually I thought the guy was a dang good shot...... he hit the bottle dead center. Pretty tough shot considering the pressure and the six pack of beer he just drank.

Honestly, it is hard to be critical of those guys when I think of all the stupid things that my older brother and I used to do and especially the things we used to do to our younger brother.

Quote Originally Posted by david staub

Utah has laws against such stupidity,"Being in posession of a firearm while intoxicated." Problem for the cops is being in the right place at the right time to make the arrest.

If you enjoy a few sippers on the weekend I admire your decision to not own a firearm.

But it's Curious, that you don't own a gun because other people are stupid.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Quote Originally Posted by david staub
    Thanks for the hint.... at least now I know who's house to rob.

Funny, I used to work for this English guy who hated guns and was always bitching to me about the evils of firearms. This guy was also a really strong Mormon and always kept his chruch mandated two years food supply up-to-date. One day he starts in on me about how I should also keep a two years food supply.... I told him I didn't need a food supply because I owned a gun. He comes back with the smartass answer of "you can't eat a gun". Then I inform him that I know where he lives and if I need food I'll just come take his because I know he doesn't have a gun to stop me.... you should have seen the look on his face.... PRICELESS!!!

My T-shirt reads "Insured by Smith & Wesson"

If the day comes that we ever need to use our two year supply, just come on over. I will be the guy out in his yard cooking all of his food to feed anyone that is hungry.

A few weeks ago we were talking in Church about our preparedness. Someone asked about pets. I said that my dog is my meat supply. I was surprised that no one laughed

MMMmmmm.... BBQ dog

IceAxe,

I have my years supply also. Should the time come when there are no groceries on the store shelves come on down. I'll trade you a few supplies for your gun. Just joking!

Other than that you better be good and be first to draw. Remember second place is just the first place loser.

Your friend is probably just not a member of the alternate PETA club, "People Enjoying Tasty Animals."

There is nothing in Mormonism that bans guns.
    Be friendly to the anti-gunners, you may have to protect them someday.

I love my guns and am very much mormon

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Walker
    I understand that.... In fact.... ol' Brigham required every able body male coming to the SLC valley to own and bring a gun.

How is that for a short history lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Walker
    I understand that.... In fact.... ol' Brigham required every able body male coming to the SLC valley to own and bring a gun.

How is that for a short history lesson
    No, I hadn't read that. Brigham was a good man dealing with rough times in the church.

By the way "There is nothing in Mormonism that bans guns" was a blank generic statement. Not inplying that anyone misunderstood or believed otherwise.

DickHead
    If it comes down to it, I'll just take my neighbor's food supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Actually I thought the guy was a dang good shot...... he hit the bottle dead center. Pretty tough shot considering the pressure and the six pack of beer he just drank.
    I actually think he was going for the guy's head. He thought the beer bottle was full.

BTW, my hero is Porter Rockwell. I'm working my way through his biography.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    BTW, my hero is Porter Rockwell. I'm working my way through his biography.
    I have read most the popular Porter Rockwell biographies and stories.

Some are really good, some are really trash. One of the two books below is the best I have read on Port, the other was the worst. Unfortunately I can't remember which was which. I think the Man of God / Son of Thunder was the good one but I could have them mixed up.

Orrin Porter Rockwell: Man of God / Son of Thunder by Harold Schindler.

Porter Rockwell: A Biography by Richard Lloyd Dewey

Ice

The Corps of Discovery prefered dog meat over other and stated that it was quite good.

I'll be protecting my meat supply (100 pound lab) with my armament!

Roald Amundsen and his expedition beat Robert Scott's expedition in the race to the South Pole partly because they were willing to eat dog meat.

Scott's team suffered from scurvy and perished. Amundsen didn't know what caused scurvy either, but he knew that being away from a varied and natural diet for extended periods of time was worrisome. His party regularly picked out and shot the weakest dogs in the dog teams, and cooked and ate the resulting dog meat (and everything the men couldn't eat was fed to the rest of the dogs).