Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's ready for Christmas?

Superriffic S*

Who's ready for Christmas?

I am not... I just started shopping two days ago! How has everyone else done with their gift buying this year?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Who's ready for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Superriffic S*
    I am not... I just started shopping two days ago! How has everyone else done with their gift buying this year?
    Kids and fam taken care of, I'm in wild scramble mode for the wife.

this has been an awful year for me with regards to gift buying this Christmas. I have been more excited about my snowshoeing trip than I am for Christmas. I bought three gifts for my teenage daughter and all gifts are to make her trip on our snowshoe adventure more comfortable.

I bought a couple of things for my wife. But if I show up Christmas morning with just those gifts, I will need to find a new residence.

I have taken care of all of my charitable giving for the holidays. But the thought of going into a mall right now makes me wish Christmas were six months away.

Did anyone do all of their shopping on line this year? how did that work out for you?
    scars are tattoos with better stories

Not me. I'll be ready about the mid part of January.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Not me. I'll be ready about the mid part of January.
    ROCK are you in the Basketball league? How bad am I pummelling you?

Christmas is over in my book!

Celebrated with the family in Indiana on 11/26.
    Celebrated with the 'other' family in New Jersey on 12/18.

I'm done!

Since hubby and I don't live near family, we don't celebrate any holidays on our own (by choice). Not even gifts (by choice also).

Superriffic S*
    Well, my gift buying has significantly decreesed this year ... its kinda depressing really, but, what can you do? Such is life!

S*

I edited the above... too much information, I believe! And, no I am not suicidal... in fact, I haven't felt this good in 5 years! Even with the turmoil in my life, but who doesn't have turmoil?

I withdraw the question
    scars are tattoos with better stories

I really hate all the gift buying craziness that comes with this holiday. If I had it my way, no one in my family would exchange gifts. I've been trying this since I was 13. No one is even religious, well maybe MIL, so it's just about obligatory gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    ROCK are you in the Basketball league? How bad am I pummelling you?
    Ya, I'm the Poofy Afros. I'm so pissed cause my team should be doing better than it is. I don't know why I'm 1-7 on the week so far - I have good players (B. Davis, Camby, Maggette, McGrady).

Just recently I dumped Boozer for Raja Bell. A good choice I think.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Well, my gift buying has significantly decreesed this year I have been ousted by my family (well, me and one of my sisters have) and have severed ties with some close friends... (not going into either). There are 8 kids in my family and they all pretty much have kids of their own. Thats a lot of dollar store gifts. I am not even getting a gift for my mom this year. Which means there is more $$ for me to spend on clothes after the holidays! Well, I might get her something and mail it, or something... its kinda depressing really, but, what can you do? Such is life!

S*
    Dirk Hammergate wants to know....

Superriffic S*
    I edited the above... too much information, I believe! And, no I am not suicidal... in fact, I haven't felt this good in 5 years! Even with the turmoil in my life, but who doesn't have turmoil?
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Dirk Hammergate wants to know....
    Long and the short of it... Its much like a Shakespeare play in that there is tragedy, romance, heartache, anger, torment, etc, etc... End of story!

When I am fifty you can buy the book.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    climbing Elephant Butte on Christmas Day.
    I think EB is one of the best routes in Moab. Nice way to spend Christmas day

I'm all ready for Christmas. Everything is bought and paid for. Did 90% of my shopping over the internet the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. I have to say, shopping over the internet is the only way to fly

Long and the short of it... Its much like a Shakespeare play in that there is tragedy, romance, heartache, anger, torment, etc, etc... End of story!

When I am fifty you can buy the book.
    Hammergate maybe familiar with the story, always thought Shakespeare to be a hack but do know tragedy...

Good to see Superriffic S* back on the forum.

For me its the old adage. Yup, I will be as surprised as the people opening the gifts. I guess I better get a few things......I hate shopping.

I cleaned up on my wife's XMas list last night and even swung by a pal's house for a drink, all under 3 hours. I'm starting to feel untouchable...

Finally got the ol' Christmas tree up. Now I'm all ready for Santa to visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Finally got the ol' Christmas tree up. Now I'm all ready for Santa to visit.
    Santa sees that tree and he won't leave....

Hey Hammergate. What the story with your avatar? You parading around in a mink coat all lit up.