Thread: Hurrican area trails - Slickrock Swamp TR

Hurrican area trails - Slickrock Swamp TR

Hey guys, just thought I'd put up a few pics and little recap of a few rides last weekend. (I just found that emoticon and I just had to use it)

The weather report said no good snow for the weekend up here so we loaded up the bikes and headed to one of our fav's, Gooseberry. I thought it'd be fun to do a few new trails though so we ended up just camping on the mesa, and rode Slickrock Swamp and the Hurricane/Goulds/Jem loop.

I was very happy we decided to try some new stuff! Both trails were a lot of fun and they are two more reasons to hit that area again soon! Plus the weather was perfect - sunny and almost 50 degrees.

Anyway, to the important stuff. Here's a few from Slickrock Swamp. Quick trail recap first though in 50 words or less: Very fun mix of singletrack and slickrock much like Gooseberry, not quite as challenging though, great views of Zion, great warm up for the Goose.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh, man. Thanks, you guys! I was actually looking at this trail for my next trip down there, maybe Feb.

I've only seen one or two small pics of this trail, and was dying to know more about it.

Slickrock Swamp is now in the Trail Index, thanks Mtnbiker!

So... how would you rate this trail? Would you do it again?

Do you have any more pics? Directions? Mileage?

Any info would help, 'cause I'm seriously wanting to hit this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

Oh, man. Thanks, you guys! I was actually looking at this trail for my next trip down there, maybe Feb.

I've only seen one or two small pics of this trail, and was dying to know more about it.

Slickrock Swamp is now in the Trail Index, thanks Mtnbiker!

So... how would you rate this trail? Would you do it again?

Do you have any more pics? Directions? Mileage?

Any info would help, 'cause I'm seriously wanting to hit this one.
    Actually the map and description from UMB were great. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/index.htm
    They fit the driving directions and trail description perfectly. That's what I used. To answer your questions, yes I would love to do this again, and can't wait till next time. again! (I love these emoticon thingies)
    As I mentioned it is a lot like Gooseberry but of course with it's own flavor and personality.

As far as I'm concerned you can never have too much fun and twisty slickrock singletrack (that's a mouthful, eh?) I would say if anything this was a bit more tame technically than G.M. but still well worth it.

Actually I do have some video footage and I need to get it compiled and post that too. I just got this miniDV so I'm a complete movie-tard still. I'll work on it though!

Now I have three Must-do's for Hurricane and we have many yet to ride in that area!

Only guessing, but I assume this is about the spot that Slickrock Swamp is in.

I am a little miffed that Zion Ntl Pk is very poor resolution on Google Earth. Man, that would be an awesome area to check out, but the resolution really sucks.

Use the location tool as well, to give you an idea of the terrain. From my guess, part of the trail is great resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah, these are awesome pictures dude. You just made my evening. I don't have to tell you or anyone. But bow down to UTAH!!! What a great place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I am a little miffed that Zion Ntl Pk is very poor resolution on Google Earth. Man, that would be an awesome area to check out, but the resolution really sucks.
    It's no Google Earth, and you have to pay to get rid of the annoying watermark and get large photos, but this site has high-rez images of pretty much everywhere (they are in B&W though instead of color like Google Earth) Plus you can switch between topo maps and satellite images. Make sure you use the pan tool. Now if they can just make it 3D like Google.

http://globexplorer.com/

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yeah, these are awesome pictures dude. You just made my evening. I don't have to tell you or anyone. But bow down to UTAH!!! What a great place to live.
    Yeah no kidding, and it's funny you mention that. I was thinking that exact thing while riding this trail... We did an awesome moonlight snowshoe hike up in Emigration canyon on Friday night and the next morning it's slickrock riding and 50 degrees. Never in my wildest dreams...

Looks like good times. I've only been riding there once, but I've gotta sayI love it there, and hope to get back down there many more times.
    Mike