Thread: .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey Tucker,

Welcome to uutah.com. Hope to see you around.

Sweet Picture...

Welcome

Welcome, nice pics. Yes we are very lucky to live in such an awesome place. Maybe you should start checking out the help wanted ads here?

Eric.

Dude, you should make that first pic your avatar. Great shot!

I wish I had pictures of my crashes, so people would believe me.

Welcome to the site, man.

Re: Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker
    Hi, David here.:
    Hi David
    great shot "Hey! I was thirsty OK "
    welcome and glad you had good time in Utah

I saw that big power plant near Delta, UT. Wonder if they need any help. Pretty desolate out that way though. What I really need to do is win the lottery.

No offense to anyone but..I hear that one must be a Mormon to land a good job in Utah...at least most people in Ohio think so. Any truth to that?

No offense to anyone but..I hear that one must be a Mormon to land a good job in Utah...at least most people in Ohio think so. Any truth to that?
    Naw. True, it will depend if your boss is just a jerk, but really, religion should never come up during the interview.

The ratio of Mormon to Non is actually lower than most people think. I think I read somewhere that only 40% of Utahns are LDS, and this was a while back.

I'm sure you'll hear experiences where somebody thought religion kept them out of a job, but you'll hear more where that wasn't the case.

BTW, check out a few of my pics. You'll see that even with my wild hair, I still landed a job that I love.

And my bosses are Mormon.

I saw that big power plant near Delta, UT. Wonder if they need any help. Pretty desolate out that way though. What I really need to do is win the lottery.

perhaps in certain companies or certain city yes if they are own by big mormon
    but Salt lake is pretty liberal and the university is pretty open mind for example (I AM TALKING OF UOFU NOT BYU!!!!)
    you can always work in a liquor store or a pub over there not many mormon (at least officialy)

Oh brother!

There's about a zillion jobs in Salt Lake City that are managed/owned by out-of-state companies who don't give two sh*ts about the local religion. Tell your Ohio peeps to get with the program...

By the way, aren't all people who live in Ohio Amish? At least that's what I heard...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Oh brother!

There's about a zillion jobs in Salt Lake City that are managed/owned by out-of-state companies who don't give two sh*ts about the local religion. Tell your Ohio peeps to get with the program...

By the way, aren't all people who live in Ohio Amish? At least that's what I heard...
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Most of the guys I work with have never been west of Indianapolis and probably couldn't find Utah on a map.

About the Amish...yeah, that scam seems to be on the rise here.

in general Utah salaries are not as high as in other states independently of religion
    but cost of living is cheaper and usually they are more lay back than in other states were is only "money money money"
    and "shop until you drop"
    here is
    "fun fun fun"
    at least if you want to
    that is why a lot of people from east coast move here!!!

Re: Hey

Hey! I was thirsty OK
    Yeah, that could be a new technique for filling up your cambak on the run.

Hi Tucker!!

TreeHugger here!! Nice to see you on this board!! I LOVE that canyoneering photo (the first one) Hopefully, I'll get to join you and do some of that this summer!

Karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

David;

Great pictures. A few years ago I took a bunch of 14 and 15 year old boys down to Moab and we biked Mill Canyon. There were a lot of dips in the slick rock that were filled with sand. I kept telling them to get off of their bikes and walk it through the sand. But, like most teenagers, they didn't listen. They would hit the sand, it would grab their front wheel, and they would endo. I wish I would have had a camera with me for that. Next time I do that, I am going to park myself by the dips and take pictures of everyone who races through.

Welcome!
    scars are tattoos with better stories

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Hi Tucker!!

TreeHugger here!! Nice to see you on this board!! I LOVE that canyoneering photo (the first one) Hopefully, I'll get to join you and do some of that this summer!

Karen
    Hey Treehugger!...thought I might see you here. I'll know the dates by Feb 1st...so far we're shooting for 7/1 -7/9. Maybe after the trip we can get "permission" to write about it on the SJ site. (sorry, inside joke)

LOL!!! Yeah, great inside joke! Hope to see you this summer!
    And welcome to the Utah board!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum