Thread: Invasion Coming Down From Idaho

Invasion Coming Down From Idaho

:hail2thechief: Yes it is true! We are tired of the Granite of the Tetons, City of Rocks, and Basalt of everywhere else in between. Now that ice is in and my tools are sharp its time for a road trip to the South! I'm thinking that Little Cottonwood is sounding good. I've spent time in Zion and Maple Canyon. I love Arches and the Moab area.
    :lol8: What I really need is ICE REPORTS and info for right now.

Reply to kevin_likes_to_climb_much@hotmail.com if you have any current conditions on ICE in Northern UT.
    Beta back at ya.
    Twin Falls ID is killer and there are several ice falls that are 3 pitches of WI 4 and 4+ The top outs are sick and keep you on your toes in improvising anchors. I was there yesterday and had a blast! There are many many many 40 and 60 foot drips that are full and thick. Twin is usually very warm and years can go by with out anything forming yet the last two weeks have been cold (teens and twentys) You would have the place to your self too. Stand on the North side of the Canyon and look at the South side, under the bridge that people base jump off of, and you'll see days and days of potential. Better hurry things are suposed to warm up around Jan 1st. Good luck!
    A good mountaineer dies in his bed.
    I'm always looking for rock or ice route info and a partner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome

You might have better luck posting your ice question in the climbing section

Welcome to the site bro. Your VW is always welcome in this neck of the woods.

Can you send some Taters to Outofstaters?

Welcome Kevin!
    When the goin' get tough, put your shoulder to the wheel or just Beat the train
    www.Beatthetrain.com

www.myspace.com/Beatthetrain

I can report on what the ice was like before this warm spell hit...Everything was nice and fat!

Areas that should still be fine would be Great White in LCC, Provo Canyon, Santaquin, Joe's Valley.