Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arch Database

Tanya,

By a lot, well, maybe for a Vancouverite, but I don't imagine it's very much from a Utah standpoint. Davis, Fiftymile (which has a fairly large cliff-top arch and really beautiful narrows at low pool, BTW), Fortymile, Coyote-Dry Fork system a few times, even kicked around the upper part of Bishop a few years ago. Llewelyn and maybe Navajo Point are on my list for the next trip, if my car doesn't fall apart. I really like the Escalante west side country-beautiful lush canyons and big overhangs are two things I can never see too many of .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by northernoutpost
    Tanya,

By a lot, well, maybe for a Vancouverite, but I don't imagine it's very much from a Utah standpoint. Davis, Fiftymile (which has a fairly large cliff-top arch and really beautiful narrows at low pool, BTW), Fortymile, Coyote-Dry Fork system a few times, even kicked around the upper part of Bishop a few years ago. Llewelyn and maybe Navajo Point are on my list for the next trip, if my car doesn't fall apart. I really like the Escalante west side country-beautiful lush canyons and big overhangs are two things I can never see too many of .
    It amazes me how people that live so far away have gone to the little out of the way places. Have you hiked in other places in Utah as well?

I think I will wait until the water warms up though. I want no part of crossing that water out there again this winter! You are amazing Jeff! You live so far away and it seems you have hit everything![/color][/quote]

I hope the hits keep on coming, though I wasn't aware that the movie set itself took a hit. Was it vandalism or lightning?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by erial
    I hope the hits keep on coming, though I wasn't aware that the movie set itself took a hit. Was it vandalism or lightning?

Sadly, it was vandalism. Last I heard, they are not rebuilding this time.

[quote="tanya"]
    Tanya,

It amazes me how people that live so far away have gone to the little out of the way places. Have you hiked in other places in Utah as well?
    Lots of places, including a bunch of trips outside the canyon country. I think the Roost is the one area I haven't done much in. I always make a point of getting down at least for a few weeks every year, for the last 20 years or so. Not enough time, though-my list of places to go grows faster than I can deal with in one lifetime.

Cirrus2000 on this site lives up here as well and he's already got 3 trips planned for this year. We love Vancouver, but there's something about Utah (and northern Arizona) that is pretty special.

Bogley BigShot
    [quote="northernoutpost"]
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Tanya,

Lots of places, including a bunch of trips outside the canyon country. I think the Roost is the one area I haven't done much in. I always make a point of getting down at least for a few weeks every year, for the last 20 years or so. Not enough time, though-my list of places to go grows faster than I can deal with in one lifetime.

Cirrus2000 on this site lives up here as well and he's already got 3 trips planned for this year. We love Vancouver, but there's something about Utah (and northern Arizona) that is pretty special.
    Are you in those photos he posted of his recent Zion National Park trip?

[quote="tanya"]
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Tanya,

Are you in those photos he posted of his recent Zion National Park trip?
    No. Haven't done a trip with him yet, although I've threatened to introduce him to northwest canyoneering a few times!

I think my catclaw-scarred visage is somewhere is this TR, though. One I intended to post here, although it's on the other side of the stateline.

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=18913