Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garner Cave (North Ogden)

Garner Cave (North Ogden)

Is it called Garner's Cave, Garner Canyon Cave, or something else?

I have heard of this cave all throughout High School (Weber High), and also heard of a lot of people doing it back then.

I'm not sure of the name, but I'll point out where I think it is, using Google Earth.

I don't know how it compares to "real" caves mentioned in this forum, it may have just been something to do. I know that people have gotten lost in it though in the past, and weren't found in time, so everybody brings a line of string with them.

Can anybody fill me in?

Here is where I've been told it is, along with the location tool you can use.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yes thats the right name. Enjoy the long hike for less 500' of Cave, espeicallly this time of year with the snow on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by caverspencer
    Yes thats the right name. Enjoy the long hike for less 500' of Cave, espeicallly this time of year with the snow on the ground.
    Aww, screw that then.

So, have you done it? Is it really that easy to get lost in it?

Nah you cant really get lost in it. It is not mazy or anything. You could easily slip and get hurt, a good portion of the cave you are stemming the top of a T shaped slot, and getting out of the bottom level of cave is a challenge. If you weigh anyway near 200 lbs or more you probably cant even get down the corkscrew climb It is a fun cave, It is a well known boy scout and you will have fun. Just plan on 1 1/2 -2 hours to get tot he cave and 1 hour back down. The cave it self shouldn't take longer than 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by caverspencer
    If you weigh anyway near 200 lbs or more you probably cant even get down the corkscrew climb.
    I suddenly decided this wasn't my type of cave.

Well, thanks for the info, spencer. I always wondered what that cave was like, and if I was thinking of the right one. I think I'll pass on it for a while (until I get back down to 190)

Saw this post, then came across some pics of my trip up to the cave.

We didn't have any ropes with us, so just after the stalagmite (or is it stalagtite?) there is a drop off, we didn't procede.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

garners cave

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Saw this post, then came across some pics of my trip up to the cave.

We didn't have any ropes with us, so just after the stalagmite (or is it stalagtite?) there is a drop off, we didn't procede.
    i have a question me my brother and my dad are looking for garners cave weve gone up garners canyon 2 times now and cant find it we have looked all over the mountaine side and could not find anything could you post a map of how to get to it exactly

Here you go

N 41
    See you on the Trail

Blog Entries
    so I'm reviving a old post....I just tried those coords and there is nothing there. We even explored the top of the gray cliffs and found a small cave 6" by 3 feet or so and that was it....

any other suggestions?

I would like to do this one sometime, just to say i did it....Anyone up for it?

[quote=Scout Master]Here you go

N 41

Sportsman, I take it that you didn't find it?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

no, my hiking partner lost interest after searching for a cave enterance for almost an hour thinking the cave and the cache would be right next to each other not 1/4 mile apart.

Blog Entries
    i wish mountainman would post the CORRECT coords to this cave since he evidently did this (with pics too). It pissed me cause, my 2 friends and my bro searched for about 3 hours for this cave but nothing came up.

I apologize for the incorrect coords I found the Cache back in 04. I remember ropes hanging from the rocks and an old wooden ladder just above the cache. It looks like the cache has been moved since I was there. I looked through some of the logs on the cache page and found these Coords
    N41 16.905 W111 56.193
    I suggest checking out the Geocaching web page at
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-936b2d77152c
    read the logs for more details
    See you on the Trail

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    i wish mountainman would post the CORRECT coords to this cave since he evidently did this (with pics too). It pissed me cause, my 2 friends and my bro searched for about 3 hours for this cave but nothing came up.
    I'm sorry it pissed you, but I didn't post any coords, correct or incorrect.
    - Edward Abbey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Quote Originally Posted by jman
    I'm sorry it pissed you, but I didn't post any coords, correct or incorrect.
    I wasn't mad at you - just the situation. I realize you didn't post the coords up there - but I was rather hoping that you HAD them or something and could post how to get to it.

Thanks anyways though. Although the 3 hours were spent well - it just didn't end with a destination, ya know? Its like wandering in Walmart or Costco for 3 hours and not buying anything.

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I'm planning on following the coordinates tomorrow to find this cave. Does it require rope or is there rope in there? I'm new with this Bogley so bear with me. Thanks!

I went today and it was cool. I could not find the geo cache though!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Jennings View Post
    I went today and it was cool. I could not find the geo cache though!
    you found it? Which coords did you use? How far did you go in? Was the ladder there? And no, this isn't 50 questions from me...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"