Thread: Sledding

DickHead

Sledding

Need some suggestions on places to take the spawn sledding. He's just over 2, so nothing that risks life and limb. Prefer West Jordan, Kearnes, Taylorsville, or South Jordan.
    I took him to a little park today, but the hill was maybe 15'. He loved it, so something alot longer would be fun.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, I was gonna suggest Sugarhouse Park...

Neffs Canyon is good also.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Well, I was gonna suggest Sugarhouse Park...

Neffs Canyon is good also.
    Sugarhouse is defintely on my list. Something closer would be better, though.

Kennecott's tailings piles look pretty inviting...IF you can make it past the security gate.

Take a trip up Logan Canyon, near the summit before you drop down to Beaver Mountain Ski Area (??? by the sinks?).

At least one time during the year, head up there and have some fun. It's more enjoyable with a snowmobile to shuttle people from the bottom back up to the top. Some of the hills are 2-3 hundred yards long.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    Take a trip up Logan Canyon, near the summit before you drop down to Beaver Mountain Ski Area (??? by the sinks?).

At least one time during the year, head up there and have some fun. It's more enjoyable with a snowmobile to shuttle people from the bottom back up to the top. Some of the hills are 2-3 hundred yards long.
    Sounds fun, but that's quite the trip with an impatient two year old. Right now he's trying to decide between his gatorade popsicle or half a bannana....

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Sounds fun, but that's quite the trip with an impatient two year old. Right now he's trying to decide between his gatorade popsicle or half a bannana....
    I can totally relate. My son is in the "don't do anything for me" phase or he throws a fit. Don't open the door for me, don't wipe my nose, don't help me get dressed. No matter how much they struggle, they just don't wan the help.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    I can totally relate. My son is in the "don't do anything for me" phase or he throws a fit. Don't open the door for me, don't wipe my nose, don't help me get dressed. No matter how much they struggle, they just don't wan the help.
    Thats funny. Mine is a freaking daredevil. I can handle it pretty well, but his poor mother is going

Went sledding up Neffs Canyon last night. Was a blast!! Pretty good half mile stretch run. It's got about 10 inches of new snow, and it's not icy at all.

Flat Iron park in Sandy has a really good hill. I haven't been there in awhile but it seems like it's close to 100 yds long. Just look out for others coming down, it's a popular place and I've seen many people get run down.