Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Trips

Actually, I've never ridden there - the info is from another mountain biking board - a bunch of my friends at www.mmba.org This is the website and bulletin board of the association I was involved with in Michigan.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    another mountain biking board - a bunch of my friends at www.mmba.org
    That seems like a pretty cool forum. I'll have to check it out. 5200 members

I will be in Vegas all next week, looks like I am going to have to check out Boulder city and the riding they have down there!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

yeah, the mmba is an awesome organization. I was very active in it when I lived in Michigan.

I was the Director of their Mountain Kids program for a few years, that is a program where we had a stable of kids mountain bikes and we took disadvantaged kids out riding for a day, usually the first time they were ever on bikes and in the woods!

I also was co-editor of their quarterly magazine and served on their board of directors for a year. One of the things I'm most proud of is that I developed, designed and implemented a mountain biking symposium for women to teach them about mtbing... we had 60 women and about 25 volunteers and taught how to ride, basic knowledge, and maintenance, it was cool. I did that for 3 years, til I moved here.....

I mostly just miss that mountain biking community and all the people that were involved.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

yeah, the mmba is an awesome organization. I was very active in it when I lived in Michigan.
    That's cool!

What is your username on mmba?

KarenM

I havent posted much there in a while... I've been away too long... alas! :-)

KarenM

I havent posted much there in a while... I've been away too long... alas! :-)
    I've made a post over there (Sombeech) and I've "met" some of your friends!
    Here's the post. http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=36593

Yeah, I checked it out! Very nice... yep, they are some super cool people, I miss them terribly.

I miss them terribly.
    Me too.

The MMBA is awesome and much like here in utah, all our good friends came from riding!
    Everyone beware - TheJode is coming, hehe...

I've done St. George in late December before. Short sleeves and shorts by day, but down coats and longjohns by night (if you're camping).