Thread: Shopping

Shopping

Anybody gonna brave the crowds today and go shopping? I just saw some footage from a Wal-Mart in Orlando, Florida, where it looked like a virtual mob scene. Fights , pushing/shoving, grabbing boxes out of people's hands. Wow, glad people remember what the holidays are all about...and I was worried that society was getting too selfish...

Ahhhhh...no thank you...I'll pass!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dude...let me tell you what the day after Thanksgiving is all about: Sleeping In!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I stay as far away from the stores as possible. Usually they have the cheap fisher price brand DVD player. Everybody rushes the doors like they are getting the keys to a new corvette.

Then they have a few other deals. I think the savings per item are between $10-$20, so I'll just pay the extra another day. Screw it man!
    I am listening to a compilation of ZZ Top, getting ready to head out and put up the Christmas lights.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    ...getting ready to head out and put up the Christmas lights.
    You people make me vomit. At least wait till December to force feed me Christmas! Please tell me it was your wife's idea...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Please tell me it was your wife's idea... :nod
    The reason I am putting them up today is because it is supposed to snow tomorrow. If I don't put them up soon, then they wont go up at all. My roof has some steep pitches and TRUST me you don't want to be up there with snow and ice. I tried that last year.

Well, OK. Just don't turn em on till December.

Yep. Got a new fridge at RC Willy reg 2000 on sale for 1100. Also got a 42" plasma for 1499 reg- 2250. They then gave you a chance to buy a portable dvd player and Polar Express for 60. Not a bad days worth.
    Let's Roll

I took my wife to a major store on Saturday. Let me tell you it is getting hostile out there. I was just the chauffeur and I took my son to get him down for a nap. I parked in the back of the parking lot, while she braved the insanity. I saw a half dozen near crashes. Several people were holding up fingers at each other. Then to top it off one couple started dropping F bombs as they argued about a toaster. Then today I just saw someone during lunch get pissed off and drive erratically over a parking spot in a shopping area.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I really like the holidays, I just don't like what it brings. Its a freakin' JOKE!!!

Anyone else had experiences like this??

When I go Christmas shopping I wear my underwear and robe.... usually do my shopin' while drinkin' a beer and eating a hero sandwich....

.... I shop on-line.....

Yeah, I do a lot of shopping online as well. Probably the majority. I am trying to get the wife trained. I did get her to buy some toys for our son on ebay. The only thing you have to park when you shop online is your ass.

Anybody get their groceries online? A friend at work was telling me that he gets his groceries from Alberstons online. They deliver them to his kitchen table. Has anyone tried this? Might be worth a shot for me. I think he said is costs $20 for the delivery. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I am trying to get the wife trained.
    Feel free to send her over to the Iceaxe school of wife training