Thread: Photo TR- Hog slots

Photo TR- Hog slots

Some uber-narrow mildly R-rated stuff in the North Wash. Hog 2 first. Then Hog 1/ Boss Hog.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Out of hog 2, up the hell gully and into Boss hog, the main attraction.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks cool! Did you guys do this recently? I've been wanting to hit these.

We did them in October, can't remember the exact dates, Ben might know. Hog 2 I would say is just OK overall, but it has some really worthwhile, but short sections. My favorite spot was the ultra easy, but semi high stem over a DEEP pothole near the end. Boss Hog was loads of fun, deep narrow and challenging but short enough that when you start getting tired of stemming and squeezing it's over. We didn't find much water in either canyon, all I remember was a small pool at the end of Hog 2. Ben and Josh avoided it but I uhhh... didn't. Only ankle deep so not a big deal.

Here was our strategy, we parked at the rest stop, headed up the canyon then approached Hog 2 from the east end, the approach and route finding was a lot of fun along the slickrock. After Hog 2 we climbed out via the crack Climb-Utah.com describes. This exit isn't fun but it gets you out, then we did Boss Hog and hiked back to the rest area. It took us around 8 hours? Maybe a little longer. You could shorten it by starting from the road on top of the rim.

Eric.

Sounds like a lot fun! I did some canyons with Ben and Josh earlier this year. It'd be fun to hook up with them again and meet you as well. Maybe first part of '06? Great TR BTW.

For sure we'll have to. I get pretty swamped during school, but can usually make time for canyons if I have enough notice. We'll have to plan something.

Eric.