Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any great new movies?

Any great new movies?

I've been majorly slacking in the movie department for the last year or so, due mainly to school and canyoneering. I graduate here in a few weeks and should have some time to catch up. About the only new movie I've seen recently was Batman Begins and that was awesome, and Million Dollar Baby and that was good but not very enjoyable.

Any strong reccomendations? I tend to like the non-predictable stuff that's well done and makes you think, but I'm also down with comedies, action, etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I keep hearing the 40 year old virgin is really good. I also saw Million dollar baby and thought it dragged on forever, I wanted to kill her at the end

Just saw "Walk The Line" (Johnny Cash) and it was "ok," but, pretty much like any other movie about a musician. Ya know, fame, drugs, girls, drugs, fame....
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Wedding Crashers was pretty funny.
    Let's Roll

Re: Any great new movies?

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    I graduate here in a few weeks and should have some time to catch up
    I hear ya buddy. I'm out in a couple o' weeks too. I've only had time to rent a couple lately.

DickHead
    40 year old virgin should contain a disclaimer:
    We are not responsibile if you piss your pants laughing

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Just saw "Walk The Line" (Johnny Cash) and it was "ok," but, pretty much like any other movie about a musician. Ya know, fame, drugs, girls, drugs, fame....
    Great point Derstuka, I'm a huge Cash man, read the autobiography, I needed more of the stuff like him coming out to play right after Jerry Lee on tour. I thought the director minimalized him by lumping him in as a regular old sex, drugs, and alcohol rocker... That really wasn't Cash, hell yeah he was dark, a dark sombitch that couldn't do a whole lot right from the beginning but I needed to see more the soul, the soul that makes his music so real.

I will say, that acting was unreal, great job by both leads, Reese was a clone of June, couldn't tell a difference when I came home on Wednesday and went through some of her recordings. That was weird, she should get an Oscar for that. Joaquin, poor guy had to play Cash, who'd want that burden??

DickHead
    Saw Jarhead last week, and it was actually pretty good. Not as action packed as the previews might lead you to believe.

I watched Willy Wonka over the weekend, not sure I liked it though.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by nitmik
    Absolutely unappealing to me.

Since we're onto movies, I've got a dilemma. I need to ride the bike trainer during the winter. I freaking hate doing that. I'm looking for suggestions on movie rentals, preferably action or suspense. I use the wife's laptop and watch the movies while I ride, in the garage.
    Currently, I have Hostage checked out from Hollywood. I'm about halfway through, need to watch the rest/ride today.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Absolutely unappealing to me.
    I only watched it because the kids wanted to see it

I'm looking for suggestions on movie rentals, preferably action or suspense. I use the wife's laptop and watch the movies while I ride, in the garage.
    How about music videos? I love training to something like AC/DC live, or something like that.

But, it's just coincidence that my choice in music gets me pumped. Other people's taste may not be for that reason, so an Elton John Live video may not do the trick.

I liked it. What was so bad about it?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'm looking for suggestions on movie rentals, preferably action or suspense. I use the wife's laptop and watch the movies while I ride, in the garage.
    How about music videos? I love training to something like AC/DC live, or something like that.

But, it's just coincidence that my choice in music gets me pumped. Other people's taste may not be for that reason, so an Elton John Live video may not do the trick.
    '

Unngg, not into music vids. I like using the MP3 player when riding or snowshoeing, but riding the trainer is so freaking boring I feel I need something with a plot to follow.
    Last year I used the Band Of Brothers series, as well as a few new releases. I need to see if Hollyweird has any other series, like the Sopranos or something.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I liked it. What was so bad about it?
    I wanted an umpa lumpa song, I just thought the original was much better, I did think Johny depp did a good job

I really want to see "Good Night and Good Luck." That one looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!

Over the weekend I watched

Christmas with the Kranks <----- it was ok, kids liked it
    mr. and Mrs Smith <------ alright action movie
    War of the worlds <------not great, but I thought it was pretty good.

Atleast I did not want my two hours of like back.

Re: Any great new movies?

winter time for me is a big movie time either theater od rented
    40 years old :remind me a lot of my american friends
    corpse bride :nice date movie over christmas
    in her shoes:if you want see cameron diaz in bikini and you like shoes with 4 inches hill
    capote :nice one either for guy or dor date
    kiss kiss bang bang:funny a little too much for guys
    march of penguin :dating movie

to rent
    monster :do not do like me that i took a date to see it is not a date movie specially if you do not want to see your date face during the rape scene

y tu mama tambien:guys will not like it beside a lot of sex in,the problem they show sex hetero and gay and guys they have trouble with that

latter days:for girls with open mind and fed up od the local religion ,not for guys
    the dreamers: a little too european but nice

big fish and spotless mind bla bla:nice date movie

mr and mrs smith :good for both sexes ,guy enjoy angelina girls enjoy brad
    ray: life of ray charles vey cool movie

AEON FLUX. Definitely a cool movie if youre into SciFi....and Charlize Theron...HOT! - Even my wife said she's hot in the numbers she was sportin'.

I am hoping that everyone has seen the movie "Touching the Void." Rarely do I bother with a movie if I have already read the book. It was on PBS last night and I was lucky enough to TEVO it. What an amazing story. Has anyone else read the book or seen the movie? Phenomenal story about the will to live
    scars are tattoos with better stories