Thread: your favorite place to vacation

your favorite place to vacation

I had to start this one I have traveled alot and seem to head back to Hawaii just about every year now...LOVE Maui & Kauai...but have been to Mexico , Bahamas, Florida & about half the 50 states. Cruises, fly, drive..you name it. Now, I'll have to post some pics here too

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Alps. and Alaska.

For sure.

:-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Zion National Park
    Grand Staircase Escalante
    The Robber's Roost

or

The San Raphael Swell

Give me a rope and harness anyday of the week over a beach towel and a cocktail!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I've never been on a real vacation (such as out of the state or country), but I'm with RockGremlin--little excursions into the Swell or other areas around Utah are my favorite getaways. And since I rarely have to travel more than 100 miles from home, I go on vacation quite often. :D

Anywhere away from work...

Anywhere I can hike and bike without huge crowds.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Oh, I know the answer to this one!!

Living like a hippie in Guatemala, Mexico, Belize, and other dirty places.

see the pictures.

Valladolid

Tulum

Arista

San Pedro de la Laguna

Palenque ruins

Belize

Once again, you gave me a chance to brag, and I full on took it. Maybe not everyone's idea of a vacation. I loved it.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

WTF.....

Is this art?

Aw, you guys make a great couple!

My fave vacations so far have been the Green River Lakes, WY and mountain biking near Stanley, ID, soaking in hot springs at night and camping on the Salmon River.

That's where I go when I go to my happy place. But I haven't been too many places.

closest I've come to Belize is Cozumel on a Carnival Cruise but here are a few pics from Hawaii
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hard one, since I try to hit a different spot each time. Hard part is, once me and some LOYAL friends "try out" a destination that is successful, then everybody says "Oh man, you've got to go back next year and I'll go this time". So there's a few repeats.

My first favorite destination in my teens was horseback-camping in the Uintas.
    Early 20's, it was Jeeping in Moab, then evolved into mtn biking.
    Mid 20's it was anywhere surfable.
    Lately it's been backpacking trips. Havasu Canyon has been my favorite backpacking destination so far, and the Wind Rivers are making their way to the front line as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Cruises, fly, drive..you name it. Now, I'll have to post some pics here too
    Yeah, I've got some cruise pics too. I've wondered whether to post them or not. Maybe I'll post them in the "Boating" forum. It's not exactly Utah Outdoors, but we could all use some "Cruise Planning Tips".

I'd say post 'em!

The WindRiver Mnts are awesome! I'm about 2 hrs south of the headwaters for the Green River - Green River Lakes. This years' windriver 'vacation' was Camp Newfork - BSA for a week...beautiful in the summer but it can still snow & get you if youre not prepared. Our Varsity Team & Explorer post goes every couple of years and spends a week hiking the range from Green River Lakes south to Big Sandy area.

DickHead
    I've never been to any tropical destinations.
    I really like South Padre Island, its a great place to party, and the last time I was there it was still very low key. However, my most favorite place is the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Preferably Okracoke.

A beach anywhere - secluded if possible - and nothing but a towel & surfboard...& lots of suntan oil

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    A beach anywhere - secluded if possible - and nothing but a towel & surfboard...& lots of suntan oil
    South Padre Island, Texas.
    Its mostly undeveloped. You hit the end of the pavement, drive through the dunes and onto the beach, and go North. After awhile, you start seeing alot less people, and its widely accepted as a nude beach.
    These pics are old and a little fuzzy, sorry.

DickHead

oops

coupla more pics

just about every nude beach I ever got on wasn't worth the trouble with actual people on it...if you want to call them 'people'- I don't want to see some old guys' battle scars or something...I'm trying to be politically correct here...don't want to offend anyone. The best kind are ones you have all to yourself - or your significant other and NO, I don't have pics