Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Concert EVER!?!

Superriffic S*

Best Concert EVER!?!

I am going to see Depeche Mode in concert in a few weeks and this just made me think...

1st: What was your FIRST concert?

Mine was "Live" they kicked serious A$$! ...and...

2nd: What was your BEST concert?

The best concert I ever went to was "The Cure" right after I got married (it was part of our honey moon) it was awesome! I am not sure if it was because i just got married two days before or what, but it sticks out in my mind more than all the others and Robert Smith actually danced a little (that NEVER happens). Great Concert!

So, tell me... first and best.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My first would have been an ACDC concert back in Boston in the mid 80's, I would also have to say it was one of the best I've ever been too.

My first concert was Huey Lewis and the News, I believe it was at the Salt Palace sometime in the mid to late '80s. I must have been only 10 or 11 years old at the time.

The best concert I ever attended was, believe it or not, Sawyer Brown. They played at the BDAC at CEU here in Price about 10 years ago. A close second place is Stone Temple Pilots at UVSC back in 1996.

Best: hands down, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones at Warped Tour '97. They had energy that I've never seen at a show before or since.

First: I don't remember. There have been so many.

Honorable Mention: Pearl Jam, Jimmy Eat Stuff, Reel Big Fish back in '96, Pearl Jam again, The Samples about 10 times, Going to Iron and Wine tonight. That should be excelent.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

First: AC/DC SLC 1991

Best: AC/DC on several occasions. I have been to countless rock concerts.
    Ted Nugent puts on a great show and ZZ Top. Van Halen is good depending on the year. Many others........

**Damn nitmik I would have loved to see them in the '80's

The echo of AC/DC rings on.

The best concert I've ever been too? It's a tie between AC/DC in London, 1996 on their Ballbreaker tour, and their last stop in SLC on the Stiff Upper Lip tour. We had GREAT seats to the latter concert, in fact, so close, Brian Johnson was able to grab my hand from the audience!

My first? Boy, I don't know, but I think it was Marie Osmond, back in the 80's at the Golden Spike Arena in Ogden. Then I matured and saw Jackyl open for Aerosmith for my next concert.

The only concerts I recall ever going to (besides those of the symphonic variety) are both Mannheim Steamroller, one in 2001, another last year. They were both great, but the acoustics of the E Center suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!

The best ZZ Top concert I've seen (out of the four times I've seen them) was on the Antenna tour, '94.
    The boys had a sweet stage setup, with the conveyor belts on the stage floor. They would get on them and walk "in place" synchronized with each other.
    During "Legs", they had about 20 models come onto the stage, and do some dancing.
    Plus other cool stage effects.

And I was makin' out with a chick at that concert.

DickHead
    I really don't like crowds.
    However, in my younger days, I caught a festival on Mud Island in Memphis. Watched James Brown, met some hot chicks, and got drunk (and laid). That counts as one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
    Watched Vanilla Ice at Charley's in '98. That was a good time, it was Texas Week/Spring break. Not sure I've ever seen that many boobies in my life.

I've been to a few fairs and outdoor concerts that were fun.

My first concert was The B-52's.

The best for me was the farewell tour of Oingo Boingo at the Delta Center in 1995. No opening band, just Danny and the boys playing all of their songs for 2 1/2 hours. Excellent.

Eddy

My first concert (and I'm dating myself) was America (I think). That was back in the 1970s. My best concert (also in the 70s) was Kansas, just as they were hitting their peak. It was in a small venue that is no longer in existence called the Terrace Ballroom, which used to be located on Fifth South and West Temple (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    My best concert (also in the 70s) was Kansas, just as they were hitting their peak. It was in a small venue that is no longer in existence called the Terrace Ballroom, which used to be located on Fifth South and West Temple (I think).
    That would have been cool to see.

Hey, that makes me think, what's everybody's most RECENT concert?

I'm trying to think, Van Halen last year?
    It would have been Ozzfest this year . They cancelled Utah the third time in a row!! I'm starting to question my "fanhood" of Ozzy.

But then if you can count small venues, I've seen Les Claypool this year, Victor Wooten, both at Shaggy's. I also saw the premiere Pink Floyd cover band at the E Center I think within a year ago. I forgot their name.

What do you think, acca? Is Van Halen our latest concert? Oh, wait, we saw Steve Vai this spring.

Best Concert?? "THREE DOG NIGHT"" at the U of U back in the early seventies.
    Oh My God, most of you weren't even born.
    Any Older and they'll have to start Carbon Dating me.
    I still enjoy their music and "CCR." For those to young to know "CCR" is Creedence Clearwater Revival"
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Of course we know CCR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Walkers
    Oh My God, most of you weren't even born.
    Any Older and they'll have to start Carbon Dating me.
    I feel your pain.

I am going to have to go with The Austrailian Pink Floyd Show. The only cover band Pink Floyd endorses. By the way they will be here Nov. 11th.

Second: Judas Priest Wednesday night at the E center. Live and kick serious Butt!!!!!! Was awesome and way cool. Any other Priest fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by troutfisher
    I am going to have to go with The Austrailian Pink Floyd Show. The only cover band Pink Floyd endorses. By the way they will be here Nov. 11th.

Second: Judas Priest Wednesday night at the E center. Live and kick serious Butt!!!!!! Was awesome and way cool. Any other Priest fans out there?
    I've seen the Australian Floyd show. Pretty good.

As for Judas Priest, man, I wanted to go pretty bad! I just couldn't make it. How was Anthrax on the opening? I've seen them with Pantera before, and that was the heaviest show I've seen.

FIrst one was Judas Priest - screaming for vengeance tour...long long ago...Best? Rush - moving pictures tour. Neal Peart ROCKS! Yeah I just dated myself

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    FIrst one was Judas Priest -
    I really tried to make it to see them in town a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't do it.

I didn't even know about it! bummer...work..that's all I did last week...