Thread: Little Wild Horse & Ding cyns & Goblin Valley

Little Wild Horse & Ding cyns & Goblin Valley

So..... this was our first time in a slot canyon and was quite an experience. Both of us couldn't wipe the stupid grin off our faces the whole weekend after these hikes

We started LWH early Friday morning and what a day it was. Everything I read indicated the canyon would be dry so we wore hiking boots and zip off pants. However it apparently rained hard for several days before this weekend so I'd bet that 25% of the canyon was totally submerged...

At first I was disappointed to see the water b/c I didn't want to submerse our boots on the first day of the weekend even though we brought tennies too.. The water however, presented a very fun challenge and we were able to do the whole canyon without getting wet.

Some spots provided nice ledges to stem (is that the right terminology?) but there were several very challening spots with vertical walls that proved to be very entertaining :)

Anyway here's the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Couple more of Little Wildhorse.

Great job. and good pics. Good to see more people posting TRs. Keep them coming.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

After the Little Wild Horse-Bell Canyon Loop we hunted down a campsite and found a great one just down stream from the entrance to Ding Canyon.

Then we hiked up through Ding Canyon to the end and then back, and headed back to camp for a well deserved dinner and campfire.

here are a few from Ding canyon. This one was even more amazing than Little Wild Horse and presented several more difficult challenges too. I LOVED this hike and can't wait to go again. I would say this one is definitely more adventurous than LWH because in several places it's up to you to find the best way and you can be as daring as you like in the way you tackle the obstacles. It was a good place to push our thresholds a little bit.

enjoy.

Wow! You guys have got some mad stemming skills! I noticed that in all the pics you guys still have dry pantlegs! Good job!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Re: TR - Little Wild Horse & Ding cyns & Goblin Vall

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    So..... this was our first time in a slot canyon and was quite an experience.

Congrads on losing the virginity

Now we can teach you the secret handshake

Great pics. You did a lot better than me on keeping dry.

Glad to see you guys found everything, and had a good weekend. Thanks for the trip report.

hey thanks for the comments! Yeah it was so flippin fun we can't wait to get back already

Once we got past the first few puddles we sort of made it our mission not to get wet and we succeeded. sooooo fun.

I'd love to take the next step and be able to complete Dang canyon as well. We didn't attempt it b/c daylight was running out but it sounds like there is a mandatory rappel there. There is so much more in that area to explore though... Crack, Chute, Devil's, and many more un-named ones I'm sure.

Until next time!

I'd love to take the next step and be able to complete Dang canyon as well. ...sounds like there is a mandatory rappel there.
    Naw, you can walk around it. I was able to do it while holding my camcorder in one hand. It wasn't too bad.

Here it is...

It's definitely more wet though. Our (Rockgremlin's) Trip Report (Click Here)showed a few of us getting wet, but you could straddle those pools as well, from the skills you've shown already. I was just carrying some stuff in one hand, and I've got a bad knee, and I didn't have the right shoes, excuses.

But seriously, don't worry about the rappel. It's not mandatory.

Yeah it was so flippin fun we can't wait to get back already
    Muwahahahahaha we have another soon to be addict here. Just wait until you throw in some rappels, pothole escapes, elevator slides, 100 yard swims, jumps into potholes, log jam climbs, uhh... how are we supposed to get past this problems, etc... through the prettiest, twistiest, curviest, most amazing cracks in the rock you've ever seen! Now you see why we love this sport. Thanks for the TR and especially the pics.

Eric.