Thread: The Squeeze - October 2005

The Squeeze - October 2005

Mike and I headed down to the Swell over the weekend to visit our old friend The Squeeze. The last time we did this canyon it tried to kill us in the form of flash flood. This time around we were geared to the nines in wetsuits, neoprene socks, helmets, etc. We were invincible (at least we felt like it). The weather was pristine, not a cloud in the sky. Ambient temperature was around the low 70s. Water temps felt to be in the 40s. With wetsuits we were quite comfortable, and actually looked forward to all of the swimming this canyon had to offer.

The Squeeze is FULL of water right now. It appears that it may have flashed on Wednesday or Thursday of last week. All of the keepers were at full capacity, and we were in water almost as much as we were out of it. This made for a really fun day, and it also enabled us to fly through the canyon rather quickly. From drop-in to exit took us 3.5 hours. All of the bolts were in good repair (in fact, some of them looked to be newly installed, with new hangers). The webbing was in good shape for all major rappels as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Attached Images Attached Images         

That's so cool. I love the squeeze. Almost wish i would have gone with you guys.

How were the deer flies on the exit hike?????

The road was washed out in the same place when we did it in July. It looks like the same place anyway. I can't tell for sure from the pic. Looks like fun stuff though. I want to do up knotted rope and down quandry direct , so if you guys want to do that, let's hit it up soon.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Deer flies were non-existant. In fact I didn't see one insect the entire day! We did happen to see a nice four point run out in front of us in the Muddy Creek gorge though. Too bad we didn't have guns and licenses and the intention of bagging a deer.

Hey...great pics!