Thread: New days off

DickHead

New days off

Well, this year might be interesting. I start Sat/Sunday as my days off in Jan.

Being in shiftwork, it tends to slide around from year to year. It'll be a nice opportuinty for me to get out and do more things, thats for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's cool! Welcome to the club...

Years ago I used to work weekends... but now I have been a weekend warior for like 7 years. I wouldn't have it any other way. But that is just me.

Welcome to the club.

James

I have not worked a weekend in over 10 years, I would hate hate it.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by nitmik
    Lots of good things about it. I can't count the mountain bike rides or fishing trips where I'm going out watching all the working types coming in. Having a trail all to myself on a tuesday morning is a beautiful thing. Unfortunatley, the friends I have are off weekends. Also, the best road group rides and races are weekends. Next year oughta be really good for my riding.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey

Lots of good things about it. I can't count the mountain bike rides or fishing trips where I'm going out watching all the working types coming in. Having a trail all to myself on a tuesday morning is a beautiful thing. Unfortunatley, the friends I have are off weekends. Also, the best road group rides and races are weekends. Next year oughta be really good for my riding.
    I believe there are advantages to it, I just could not stand it. Plus going to places like the DMV and making Doctor appointments would be better. But then having kids and working weekends is not an easy thing. About ten years ago I had small kids and worked graveyards for about four months, that was hell. I would get home and be ready for sleep and they wanted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Quote Originally Posted by nitmik

I'd have to agree with JamisJockey, there are a lot of good things about working weekends and he named most. But I sure missed a lot time with my kids, it's time that I can't reclaim. We made the best of their summer breaks though.

I've worked shift work for the past thirty years. Currently its four 12hr nights, off for four, four 12hr days, off four and then it rolls around again. Sort of a eight day week. My days off are different week to week. So I get a good sampling of different days off during the week.

As much as I liked working weekends, more happening, I prefered having them off with the kids. As the Mormon TV commercial says, ""It's About Time"" But now with no kids at home we tend to stay home when we have a weekend off and head out the door when we have days off during the normal work week.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!