Thread: Winter might as well be here....

DickHead

Winter might as well be here....

Today, I set my road bike on the trainer in the garage. Stuck a DVD in the wife's laptop and rode for about an hour.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm leaving work early today and thought I would be able to get a ride in, looks like I was wrong about that

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by nitmik
    I'm leaving work early today and thought I would be able to get a ride in, looks like I was wrong about that
    Only if you're looking to suffer in the cold and wet!

brrr...i had football practice today in the rain...not pleasant at all, winter is definately almost here.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Only if you're looking to suffer in the cold and wet!
    Yesterday reminded me of the LOTOJA this year, I still cannot believe it was that cold.

I still rode to work in full on rain gear.

Note to self: buy some fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    I still rode to work in full on rain gear.

Note to self: buy some fenders.
    That's way cool, and I bet it was cool

Got any tips on how to prevent the rain from dripping in your helmet? I had terrible helmet hair.

Got any tips on how to prevent the rain from dripping in your helmet? I had terrible helmet hair.
    I shaved my head a couple of years ago so I have no idea. I do know that performacebike has some protectors that are water resistant. I will ride no matter what tempature it is, but I don't like to ride in the rain unless I have too.

Shower cap? Shrink Wrap? I shave my head during the summer and let it grow back in the winter. I am kinda bummed I will have to start getting it cut again
    Let's Roll

Well it warmed up some today. Lots of frost on the lawn today......but tonight it will get cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigben
    Shower cap? Shrink Wrap? I shave my head during the summer and let it grow back in the winter. I am kinda bummed I will have to start getting it cut again
    Cutting hair sucks, don't do it

DickHead
    Helmet cover.
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=16869

I wonder if a shower cap would fit over a helmet? Might make a good 'emergency' helmet cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigben
    Cutting hair sucks, don't do it
    I hear ya I haven't cut My hair in over 8 months, I have a massive fro going now
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Jason's got it! I went looking for something like that but didn't find it on my own, but that would work. Would that be really cheesy?

I can't shave my head; few people can pull of the G.I. Jane look! I would not be one of them.

Jason's got it! I went looking for something like that but didn't find it on my own, but that would work. Would that be really cheesy?

I can't shave my head; few people can pull of the G.I. Jane look! I would not be one of them.
    The shaved head things does not work for everyone. I don't think it would be cheesy if you only use in when it rains, if you use it for everyday use then it will be cheesy.

I'm growing a mop myself. I actually think it looks pretty cool with helmet hair. I always make it a point to walk into a convenience store after I've been riding, so I can go in all sweaty with helmet hair.

They know I'm livin' the high life.

DickHead

Absolutely not. I spied a guy yesterday afternoon who appeared to be on the way home from work on a rigid MTB fully decked out for commuting. He had an illuminite helmet cover on and it just made him look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'm growing a mop myself. I actually think it looks pretty cool with helmet hair. I always make it a point to walk into a convenience store after I've been riding, so I can go in all sweaty with helmet hair.

They know I'm livin' the high life.
    The mop look is way in now, I would do it if I thought I would look good, but then again I would also grow the biggest 'fro you have ever seen in your life if I could.